This crockpot creamed corn is made with a secret ingredient to give this classic dish a twist! Super creamy, rich and has amazing flavor.
Table of Contents
Creamed Corn with Cream Cheese
This dish is always a family favorite on our Thanksgiving menu and tastes amazing served alongside the baked ham or a roasted turkey. It’s super easy and only takes just 5 minutes of prep. You can literally dump the ingredients in and forget it! Plus, it frees up oven space for all the other dishes for your Thanksgiving dinner.
Today I’ll be sharing a twist on one of my favorite Thanksgiving side dishes that my grandma always made along with cranberry sauce and green bean casserole. Creamed corn is one of those foods that I’m picky about. I don’t like my corn mashed and I definitely don’t like it to taste bland. It combines all of the delicious flavors, making it nice and creamy with an amazing taste.
If you do happen to like your creamed corn more on the mushy side…you can mash it up a little bit with a masher. But trust me, definitely try it this way! And yes, there may be half-and-half, butter and cream cheese. Shh…don’t tell!
Just a few ingredients you may already have on hand to create a side dish worthy of any holiday table. See my favorite toppings below to find your favorite way to garnish.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Corn: This recipe works best with canned corn. Make sure to drain it first before adding to the crockpot.
- Half-and-half: I love the rich flavor half-and-half adds. You can also use heavy cream or milk, if preferred.
- Butter: I used salted butter, but you can also use unsalted and sprinkle in a little more salt for flavor.
- Cream cheese: This makes the texture super creamy and delicious.
- Sugar: Add a few Tablespoons sugar to give the dish a subtle sweetness.
- Nutmeg: This is the secret ingredient in this recipe. It’s not over powering, but adds the perfect subtle flavoring to the traditional version (which can sometimes be a little bland).
- Salt and pepper: You don’t need a lot, just enough to add a little more flavor. Give your creamed corn a taste once it’s done, then add in more salt and pepper if needed.
How to Make Crockpot Creamed Corn
It just takes adding a few ingredients to a crockpot and walking away. It is super simple to make the best creamed corn.
- Add to crockpot. Add corn and half-and-half to crock pot. Place cream cheese and butter on top, then add in the rest of the spices.
- Cook. Turn crockpot to low and cook for 2 to 3 hours. Make sure to stir halfway in between.
- Season and keep warm. Salt and pepper to taste, then turn crockpot to warm until serving.
Stove Top Method
You can easily make this recipe in a pan on the stove if you prefer. If cooking on the stove, I’ve found that using frozen corn works best. To start, simply add butter to a pan over medium heat and melt. Then add the half and half and cream cheese. Stir until the mixture has thickened and melted (about 7 minutes).
Add in the spices and sugar and mix. Then add in the corn and turn heat to low. Simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the mixture has thickened.
If you want to take this cream corn up a notch, try adding on some delicious toppings right before serving. Any of the below taste amazing:
- Chives or green onions
- Fresh parsley
- Shredded cheese
- A dash of hot sauce
I don’t see why not! I would add a little extra cream or water and top with cheddar cheese or parmesan. Bake in a 375°F oven until bubbly
Nope. You can use frozen corn kernels or even fresh corn kernels, if you like. All of them will be delicious.
Looking for more holiday crockpot recipes? Try these crockpot mashed potatoes, slow cooker carrots or slow cooker mac and cheese!
Other Easy Holiday Side Dishes
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Crockpot Creamed Corn
- 1 small crockpot
- 4 ½ cups sweet corn (3 cans, drained)
- ⅓ cup half-and-half , can also use heavy cream
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt , plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper , plus more to taste
- In a crockpot (I used a smaller 2 1/2 quart size), add the corn and half-and-half. Place the cream cheese and butter on top of the corn. Add the sugar, nutmeg, salt, and pepper and cover.
- Cook on low 2 to 3 hours, stirring half-way in between.
- Salt and pepper, to taste. Set crockpot to warm until ready to serve. It will thicken as it sits.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
It was so creamy and tasty, also very easy to make. My kids loved it too, they requested for me to do more soon!
This is a super easy side dish that works great with a lot of meals! I love to use the leftovers in other recipes also!
So amazing and super easy to make. I love slow cooker recipes! :)
We love creamed corn, but it always gets so cold so fast. This recipe is totally perfect for all the springtime and summer entertaining we do! It keeps the corn hot until mealtime. Love it!
Love how simple but flavorful this recipe is!
Love this corn….its always a hit at church functions.
I’m so happy to hear that!
This recipe is so delicious. I’m not a big corn fan, but I loved it. It was super easy to make to on a busy Thanksgiving day. Thanks.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for leaving a comment and review Alena! :)
I don’t love the texture of canned creamed corn. This is so delicious!
OMG, this is making me drool right now. LOL! I usually make boring plain corn for the holidays, but I love sweet creamed corn. I think I’m going to make this and surprise everyone at my Thanksgiving table this year.
Hope you enjoy! Creamed corn is a favorite of mine on Thanksgiving!
I made this last week and it turned out perfectly delicious!
So glad you enjoyed it! :)