This slow cooker creamed corn is made with a secret ingredient to give this classic dish a twist! Super creamy, rich and has amazing flavor.
If you’re looking for an easy slow cooker dish to bring for Thanksgiving, this crockpot creamed corn is perfect for you! Prep time is just 5 minutes and you can throw it in and forget it. You’ll also love crockpot spiral ham, slow cooker mac & cheese, slow cooker carrots and crockpot mashed potatoes.
Today I’ll be sharing a twist on one of my favorite Thanksgiving side dishes that my grandma always made. Creamed corn is one of those foods that I’m picky about. I don’t like my corn mashed and I definitely don’t like it to taste bland. This recipe is definitely far from bland! It combines all of the delicious flavors, making it nice and creamy with an amazing taste.
If you do happen to like your creamed corn more on the mushy side…you can mash it up a little bit with a masher. But trust me, definitely try it this way! And yes, there may be half and half, butter and cream cheese. Shh…don’t tell!
Definitely always a family favorite for the holidays. Can’t wait to enjoy Thanksgiving with family and friends. So much to be grateful for this year!
The secret ingredient that I added to this crock pot creamed corn is nutmeg. It’s not over powering, but adds the perfect subtle flavoring to the traditional version (which can sometimes be a little bland).
- Half and half (or heavy cream or milk)
- Butter (salted)
- Cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
How to make crockpot creamed corn
- Add to crockpot. Add corn and half and half to crock pot. Place cream cheese and butter on top, then add in the rest of the spices.
- Cook. Turn crockpot to low and cook for 2 to 3 hours. Make sure to stir halfway in between.
- Season and keep warm. Salt and pepper to taste, then turn crockpot to warm until serving.
Stove top method
You could easily make this recipe in a pan on the stove if you prefer. If cooking on the stove, I’ve found that using frozen corn works best. To start, simply add butter to a pan over medium heat and melt. Then add the half and half and cream cheese. Stir until the mixture has thickened and melted (about 7 minutes). Add in the spices and sugar and mix. Then add in the corn and turn heat to low. Simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the mixture has thickened.
- Fresh parsley
- Shredded cheese
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
More easy side dishes:
Creamed Corn Recipe
- 4 1/2 cups corn (3 cans, drained)
- 1/3 cup half and half (can also use heavy cream or milk)
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (more to taste)
- Place the corn and half and half into the slow cooker (I used a smaller 2 1/2 quart size). Then place the cream cheese and butter on top of the corn. Add the sugar, nutmeg, salt and pepper and cover.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours, stirring half way in between.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Turn to warm until ready to serve. It will thicken as it sits.