By Alicia of The Baker Upstairs for I Heart Nap Time.
Hello again, I Heart Nap Time readers! Can you believe it’s May already? I’m really excited about this amazing and delicious dessert that I have to share this month… these mini coconut cheesecakes are to die for! Doesn’t making things mini just make them more awesome? It’s like somehow the cuteness of the mini serving size makes the dessert taste even better. (Right? Or is it just me who feels that way…?) I bought a mini cheesecake pan (similar to this one) a few months ago, and since then I’ve been trying it out with every cheesecake recipe I can get my hands on. These mini coconut cheesecakes are my favorite yet!
If you don’t have a mini cheesecake pan, no problem! The cheesecakes will work equally well baked in a muffin tin, and they’ll still be just as delicious. These little cheesecakes are so decadent and creamy. The subtle coconut flavor is just perfect without being overpowering, and the little dollop of coconut-flavored whipped cream on top really complements the slightly denser cheesecake layer. The mini size also means that each bite is perfectly balanced with crust, cheesecake, and whipped cream. If you want to go the full cheesecake route, the recipe should work equally well (although I can’t say that with 100% certainty because I haven’t tried it for myself). Whether you make them mini size, or make a full size cheesecake, you have to try this delicious dessert for yourself!
If you’re looking for more yummy desserts, you’ll love these:
Mini Coconut Cheesecakes
For the crust:
- 9 ounces vanilla or coconut-flavored cookies crushed (I used macaroon cookies, but vanilla wafers would work well too)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- For the cheesecake:
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 325. In a small bowl, mix together crushed cookies, sugar, and butter. Divide evenly between 12 paper-lined muffin cups or 12 wells of a mini cheesecake pan. Press down to form an even layer and bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool while you prepare the filling.
- In a medium bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix sugar, flour, and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs, then add the coconut milk, sour cream, coconut extract, and vanilla, and mix until smooth.
- Divide the filling evenly between the muffin cups, filling nearly to the top. Tap lightly on the counter to release any trapped air. Bake 20-24 minutes, or until just slightly jiggly in the center. Remove and let cool at room temperature 30 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for several hours.
- To make the topping, beat the heavy cream until light and airy. Add the powdered sugar, coconut milk, and coconut extract, and beat until smooth. Toast the coconut by heating in a skillet over medium low heat, tossing frequently, until lightly browned, then let cool. Top cheesecakes with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of toasted coconut. Store leftover cheesecakes in the refrigerator.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!