Almond Joy Cookies – a rich coconut cookie dough, packed full of coconut, chocolate chips, almonds, and Almond Joy pieces. An over the top indulgent treat!
If I had to name my top ten favorite foods in the world, cookies and Almond Joys would both definitely be on the list. Almond Joys are always the first candy I pick out of my kids’ buckets at Halloween, and my favorite treat for turning around a rough day. What could be better than adding them to a soft, buttery, rich cookie? These Almond Joy cookies are quick and easy to make, and so flavorful too!
I’ve tasted a lot of cookie dough in my time, and this Almond Joy cookie dough is some of the best I’ve tasted. The combination of coconut and vanilla with all the delicious mix-ins is incredible. As hard as it is to stop nibbling on it, though, be sure to save some for making the actual cookies! :)
I rolled my dough into golf-ball sized balls, which made for big, fat, soft cookies. It’s important to give them plenty of space on the cookie sheet, because they will spread quite a bit. I love to sprinkle a little extra coconut on top of each cookie so it can get golden and toasted in the oven.
These cookies smelled so good while baking that my nine year-old said she could smell them from outside the house. She came running in after school, sniffing and asking, “Where are the cookies, Mom?” If that’s not a ringing endorsement of their deliciousness, I don’t know what is! When we finally tasted the cookies, it was love at first bite. The coconut adds great texture to the cookies, and the gooey chocolate, crunchy almonds, and sweet Almond Joy pieces make every bite delicious.
I make a lot of cookies, but these are definitely some of the best I’ve ever made. Four out of 4 people living in my house agree, these cookies are fantastic!
Almond Joy Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut divided
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 6 snack size Almond Joy candy bars chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla, and coconut extract, and beat until smooth. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, and mix until combined. Gently fold in 1/2 cup coconut, and the mini chocolate chips, sliced almonds, and Almond Joy pieces.
- Roll the dough into golf ball sized balls and place on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake 9 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
If you love this cookie recipe, you’ll enjoy these too!