Almond Joy Cookies – rich coconut cookie dough packed full of coconut, chocolate chips, almonds, and Almond Joy candy pieces. An over the top indulgent treat that will become a new favorite!
I love the flavors in an Almond Joy candy bar. Give me anything with coconut, almonds and chocolate and I’m all in! These Almond Joy cookies are fun way to enjoy the tasty combo, as well as Almond Joy dip or Almond Joy energy bites. Yum!
Easy Almond Joy cookies
If I had to name my top ten favorite foods in the world, cookies and Almond Joy candy bars would both definitely be on the list. Almond Joys are always the first candy I pick out of my kids’ buckets at Halloween, and my favorite treat for turning around a rough day. And what could be better than adding them to a soft, buttery, rich cookie? These Almond Joy cookies are quick and easy to make, and so flavorful too!
I’ve tasted a lot of cookie dough in my time, and this Almond Joy cookie dough is some of the best I’ve tasted. The combination of coconut and vanilla with all the delicious mix-ins is incredible. As hard as it is to stop nibbling on it, though, be sure to save some for making the actual cookies! :)
How to make Almond Joy cookies
These Almond dough cookies are so easy to make! After learning how simple and delicious they are, they’ll definitely make a regular appearance on your favorite cooking baking list.
Step 1: Make the dough.
In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add in the egg, vanilla and coconut extract and beat until smooth. Then add in flour, salt and baking soda and mix until combined.
Gently fold in 1/2 cup coconut, mini chocolate chips, sliced almonds and Almond Joy candy pieces.
Step 2: Roll the dough
I rolled my dough into golf-ball sized balls, which made for big, fat, soft cookies. It’s important to give them plenty of space on the cookie sheet, because they will spread quite a bit.
I love to sprinkle a little extra coconut on top of each cookie so it can get golden and toasted in the oven.
Step 3: Bake the cookies
Bake cookies in oven at 350°F for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Then move to cooling rack.
Store Almond Joy cookies in an airtight container or bag at room temperature for up to 3 days.
To freeze baked cookies:
Let cookies cool completely, then add to a freezer bag or container. Store in freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw, let sit at room temperature until no longer frozen or heat in microwave or oven until warm.
To freeze the dough:
Roll dough into balls, then place on baking sheet. Freeze for about 30 minutes to harden the dough (to avoid sticking). Then add cookie dough balls to a freezer bag and store in freezer.
When ready to enjoy, place cookie dough balls on a baking sheet on top of the oven while it preheats. You may need to bake the cookies for a few minutes longer, so be sure to keep an eye on them.
These Almond Joy cookies smelled so good while baking that my daughter said she could smell them from outside the house!
When we finally tasted the cookies, it was love at first bite. The coconut adds great texture to the cookies, and the gooey chocolate, crunchy almonds, and sweet Almond Joy pieces make every bite delicious.
I make a lot of cookies, but these are definitely some of the best I’ve ever made. Four out of 4 people living in my house agree, these easy Almond Joy cookies are fantastic!
More delicious cookie recipes:
- Easy S’mores Cookies
- Best M&M Cookies
- Milky Way Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chips Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Sprinkle Cookies
- Butterscotch Cookies
Almond Joy Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut , divided
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2-3 Tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2-3 Almond Joy candy bars , chopped (or 6 snack size candy bars)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla and coconut extract and beat until smooth. Then add in flour, salt and baking soda and mix until combined. Gently fold in 1/2 cup coconut, mini chocolate chips, sliced almonds and Almond Joy pieces.
- Roll the dough into golf ball sized balls and place on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for about 10 minutes. Then move cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
Originally written by Alicia from The Baker Upstairs.