Peanut butter cup cookies are just about the easiest! With only 4 ingredients (no flour, salt, or baking powder needed) you’ll have a batch of soft, sweet, cookies loaded with flavors of peanut butter and chocolate in less than 20 minutes!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies
I love peanut butter cookies and I love Reese’s peanut butter cups so it seemed only natural to put those two together! These amazing cookies are a play on my 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies kind of like these Halloween spider cookies I make every year, so they take almost no effort to make.
You’ll be happy to know, they’re an easier version of a peanut butter blossom with a Reese’s cup on top instead of a Hershey kiss, so they’ve not only got the chocolate on top but a little extra peanut butter to boot!
How to Make Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Get ready for one of the easiest cookie recipes out there!
- Mix peanut butter, sugar, and egg in a large bowl.
- Roll the dough into balls (or use a cookie scoop for even sizes) and drop into the sugar. Toss to coat.
- Place on a prepared cookie tray and press down with a fork to make that signature cross on top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes then let rest for 2 minutes before placing peanut butter cup minis upside down in the center of the top of the cookie.
- Allow cooling completely on a wire rack.
- If the peanut butter cookie dough is too sticky once combined, stick it in the refrigerator to chill for 10-20 minutes.
- The dough is easy enough to come together by hand, but feel free to use a stand mixer on low speed if desired.
- Watch the cookies as they bake. They will be lightly browned on the bottoms when they’re done.
- The cross will be covered with the peanut butter cup, so feel free to omit that part!
How to Store Peanut Butter Cookies
Store at room temperature, covered, for up to 3 days. I highly doubt you’ll still have any left by then, but just in case!
More Delicious Reese’s Desserts:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Blondies
- Reese’s Muddy Buddies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Reese’s Ice Cream
- Reese’s No Bake Cheesecake
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar , plus more for rolling
- 1 egg
- 12 miniature Reese's peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat and set aside. Mix together the peanut butter, sugar and egg in a medium bowl. If the dough is too sticky, you can refrigerate for 10-20 minutes.
- Roll dough into 12 (1″) balls (I like to use a medium cookie scoop) and drop into the sugar. Roll in sugar and then place onto prepared baking sheet. Press down with a fork creating a cross (or use the bottom of a cup).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until very lightly browned on the bottoms. Remove from oven and let rest on pan for 2 minutes.
- Place the peanut butter cups on top of the cookies while they're still warm. Then allow cookies to cool on a cooling rack.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!