Incredibly healthy and delicious, this quick cinnamon roll breakfast smoothie is the perfect breakfast to start off the day!
Oats are a breakfast staple for me. Whether I’m enjoying overnight oats, a no-bake breakfast cookie or this cinnamon roll smoothie, they are usually always included in my morning meal. They help keep me fuller for longer!
It’s a new year and like most people, I have decided to eat a little healthier this year and hit the gym a more often. So I am kick-starting my year with this absolutely delicious cinnamon roll breakfast smoothie. It is healthy, yummy and so quick and easy to make.
This delicious smoothie has a warm flavor from the cinnamon, which really makes you feel like you are eating cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and the oats and nuts will keep you full and powered up for any hectic day ahead of you. You can also choose whether you want to make it with brown sugar, or the slightly healthier version which is coconut sugar.
The thing I love most about smoothies is that they only take two minutes to make and you can pretty much put anything into your blender and it always tastes good. This is great because the mornings are often a big rush and I don’t always have the time create an amazing healthy breakfast. Which means I often end up eating a sugary breakfast bar.
This cinnamon roll smoothie is great when you are trying to stick to a healthy eating plan. Every morning I quickly pop all the ingredients into my blender, give it a quick whizz and then my breakfast is done! That doesn’t sound too difficult right?
- Rolled oats
- Plain greek yogurt
- Brown sugar
- Almond milk
Tips + substitutions
- Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder for extra protein.
- Use coconut sugar instead of brown sugar for a healthier alternative.
- My milk preference is almond milk, but feel free to use milk of choice.
- I love adding in chopped pecans for more flavor and fiber, however you can leave them out if preferred.
- If you’re a cinnamon lover like me, add a sprinkle of cinnamon on top before enjoying!
More healthy smoothie recipes:
- Mango Smoothie Bowl
- Pineapple Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Avocado Smoothie
- Berry Kale Smoothie
Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar/coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 frozen banana
Pecan nuts, optional
- Place all the ingredients into your blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy.
Photography and recipe contributed by Jane from Baking-Ginger for I Heart Naptime.