Incredibly healthy and delicious, this quick cinnamon roll breakfast smoothie is the perfect breakfast to start off the day!
Table of Contents
Easy Breakfast or Snack
Oats are a breakfast staple for me. Whether I’m enjoying overnight oats, a no-bake breakfast cookie or this healthy breakfast smoothie, they are usually always included in my morning meal.
To mix things up from my typical morning fruit smoothie, I made this cinnamon roll breakfast smoothie with oats and it was delicious. It is healthy, yummy and so quick and easy to make. Plus it’s made with simple ingredients that I bet you already have on hand.
This smoothie has a warm flavor from the cinnamon, which really makes you feel like you are eating cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and the oats and yogurt will keep you full and powered up for any hectic day ahead of you. It’s one of my favorite healthy smoothie recipes!
Why We Love This Breakfast Smoothie
- Only 5 minutes to make. The thing I love most about smoothies is that they only take five minutes to make and there’s hardly any cleanup. This cinnamon smoothie is no exception!
- Protein packed. This recipe is packed with protein to keep you feeling fuller longer throughout the morning. You can thank the oats and Greek yogurt for that!
- Grab and go. This breakfast smoothie is great for busy mornings! Quickly pop all the ingredients into your blender, give it a quick blend and then your breakfast is ready to take on the road.
- Indulgent flavor. You get the same delicious flavors as your favorite cinnamon roll from Cinnabon, but in smoothie form. It’s a healthy breakfast idea to help curb those sweet cravings.
See full printable recipe below.
- Rolled oats: I love to use organic old-fashioned oats.
- Plain Greek yogurt: You could use a vanilla yogurt as well.
- Brown sugar: You can also substitute with coconut sugar or omit all together.
- Almond milk: This is easy to swap with regular milk or oat milk as well.
- Cinnamon: The cinnamon adds the perfect flavor.
- Vanilla: A dash of vanilla really helps to bring out the sweet flavor.
- Banana: The banana adds the perfect sweetness and creaminess.
Using a frozen banana is my favorite way to make this breakfast smoothie extra thick and creamy. Learning how to freeze bananas has never been easier! Just peel and slice the bananas and freeze until hard. Then transfer to a freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Protein powder. Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder for extra protein.
- Sweetener. Use coconut sugar, maple syrup or 1-2 mejdool dates instead of brown sugar for a healthier alternative. Or you can omit the sugar all together for a more subtle sweetness.
- Type of milk. My milk preference is unsweetened almond milk, but feel free to use milk of choice (oat, nut, soy, regular).
- Healthy fats. Add in some chopped pecans, chia seeds, flax seeds or a spoonful of peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter).
- Make vegan. Swap the Greek yogurt with a plant based yogurt alternative.
How to Make a Cinnamon Roll Smoothie
- Combine. Add the oats, yogurt, sugar, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla and banana in the blender. I’ve found that adding the milk and yogurt in first will help the smoothie blend easier.
- Blend. Use a high power blender to blend until smooth.
- Adjust to taste. Give it a taste and make any adjustments if needed. Add a little more cinnamon or sugar to sweeten, or more yogurt or frozen banana for a thicker consistency. Then top with a sprinkle of cinnamon right before serving!
5 star review
“Delicious! I’m 6 weeks postpartum and was wanting to have something lighter and healthier for breakfast. This tastes so satisfying and is filling!”– Jennifer
Yes! Which makes it perfect for those with a gluten sensitivity or allergy. Just make sure your oats have a “gluten-free” label before using.
The banana gives this smoothie a creamy texture and sweet flavor, so making the recipe without it will likely alter the flavor and consistency.
You could try adding in a handful of ice to keep it creamy or adding in an apple for more sweetness and flavor.
This one definitely is! It’s filled with protein, healthy fats, fiber and antioxidants. Talk about the perfect way to start the day!
More Healthy Smoothie RecipesBrowse all
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Smoothie
- ½ cup rolled oats , I prefer organic old-fashioned
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon , plus more for topping
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 frozen banana
Optional: 2 Tablespoons pecans or walnuts
- In a blender, blend oats, yogurt, sugar, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and banana until smooth.
- Top with cinnamon, if desired. Serve and enjoy immediately.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe contributed by Jane from Baking-Ginger for I Heart Naptime.
Can I make this the night before and store it in the fridge until morning?
Yes, this will work overnight. Stir before enjoying!