Creamy peanut butter overnight oats topped with chocolate chips and sliced bananas. The perfect healthy on-the-go breakfast that will keep you powered up throughout the day!
Table of Contents
Healthy Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
If you’re looking for a healthy snack or wondering what to eat for breakfast, these overnight oats are a great option! They’re quick, easy and packed with protein. Some of my other favorites are smoothies, chocolate peanut butter protein balls, hard boiled eggs and homemade granola bars.
Today I am sharing one of my new breakfast obsessions: peanut butter overnight oats! I am a total breakfast addict, but it can get so boring so quickly.
After eating plain old oatmeal every day for weeks on end, one does tend to get a little sick and tired of it. But at the same time, you need something that is healthy, and quick and easy to make because nobody has time in the mornings right? And so I have discovered the beauty that is overnight oats. This creamy peanut butter version in particular.
This recipe is pretty much one of the most delicious healthy breakfast recipes that I have had in a while. It’s probably because it contains peanut butter and chocolate chips. I mean who wouldn’t love peanut butter and chocolate for breakfast right?
Plus, it is packed with protein, fiber and antioxidants. You can easily switch it up a bit, add some sliced bananas, swap out the peanut butter for almond butter or add a few fresh strawberries. Either way it is always delicious and easy. Pretty much the most perfect breakfast!
These oats start out with a base ratio of milk, oats, honey and peanut butter. Feel free to add mix-in’s like chocolate chips and top with sliced bananas. And extra peanut butter of course. ;) Yum!
- Almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Rolled oats (I use gluten-free)
- Honey (or sweetener of choice)
- Peanut butter
- Chia seeds
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate protein powder
- Sliced bananas
- Greek yogurt
- Extra peanut butter
- Extra chocolate chips
How to Make Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
These oats are super easy to make – no cooking required! Just follow the simple steps below to get started.
- Mix ingredients together. Mix all of the ingredients together in a mason jar or small bowl. Do not cook the oats, add them dry (they will soak up the liquid over night). Cover bowl with plastic wrap or close jar with a lid.
- Let chill in fridge overnight. Place overnight oats in the fridge to chill overnight.
- Top and enjoy! The next morning, top with sliced bananas, peanut butter, honey and chocolate chips if desired. Serve cold.
Great for Meal Prep!
One of my favorite things about these oats is that they are great for meal prep. Overnight nights will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, which makes them the perfect meal prep breakfast!
Simply double or triple the recipe depending on how many days you’d like to enjoy them for breakfast. Then pour equal amounts of the base mixture into pyrex containers or mason jars and store in fridge.
When ready to enjoy, I like to mix in a splash of almond milk before adding the other toppings. Because the oats are in the fridge for longer, the extra splash of almond milk keeps the texture creamy and moist. Then add your favorite toppings and dig in!
More Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Mason jar or bowl
Optional Mix-in's: 1 teaspoon chia seeds, 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
Optional toppings: Greek yogurt, sliced bananas or berries, extra peanut butter, extra chocolate chips
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a small mason jar or bowl. Do not cook the oats, add them dry (they will soak up the liquid over night).
- Close the jar with a lid or cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, top with sliced bananas or berries, peanut butter, honey and chocolate chips if desired. Serve cold.
- Overnight oats will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Right before enjoying, I like to add an extra splash of almond milk to keep oats creamy and moist.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!