This thick and creamy peanut butter banana smoothie is a family favorite! Tastes like a milkshake, but much better for you!
I love to make all types of smoothie recipes for breakfast. They’re quick, easy and filled with nutritious ingredients. This peanut butter banana smoothie is a favorite and is constantly on rotation!
This post is sponsored by the National Peanut Board. I received compensation, but all opinions and content are my own.
Peanut butter smoothie
One of my favorite flavor combinations is peanut butter and banana. The nutty and creamy peanut butter flavor mixed with the sweetness from the banana is a match made in heaven. And what better way to combine the two then make a thick and delicious peanut butter banana smoothie?! Yes please!
This peanut butter smoothie is a family favorite and is often on rotation. It tastes almost like a milkshake, but much better for you. I love the nutritious boost that the peanut butter adds. And sometimes we even throw in a handful of oats, spinach or strawberries as well.
I am definitely a peanut butter super fan! It’s a staple in my pantry that I love to incorporate in many of my favorite breakfast recipes, like peanut butter overnight oats or PB&J smoothie bowls. These peanut butter energy balls also make the perfect snack.
Ingredients for peanut butter smoothie
Milk: You can use whichever type of milk you prefer, like 2%, skim, non-dairy or coconut.
Greek yogurt: Not only does Greek yogurt keep the consistency smooth, it adds extra protein as well.
Banana: I love to use frozen bananas when making smoothies, because they make the texture extra thick. You can use fresh bananas too.
Peanut butter: Not only does the peanut butter make your smoothie perfectly creamy, but it adds 8 grams of protein, 2 grams of filling fiber and 12 grams of unsaturated fat in each two tablespoon serving.
Vanilla: I always include a splash of vanilla in my smoothies. I love the extra hint of flavor it adds!
Honey: You can add honey to sweeten up your smoothie a bit. There is already some sweetness from the banana, so you don’t have to include it if preferred.
Extras: Feel free to add in extras like vanilla protein powder, collagen, flax seed and/or chia seeds
How to make peanut butter and banana smoothie
Scroll down for the printable peanut butter smoothie recipe.
- Add ingredients to blender and blend. Combine milk, Greek yogurt, banana, peanut butter and vanilla in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust as needed. Taste and add honey to sweeten if needed. Add more milk to thin it out, or ice to make it thicker.
- Add any extras and enjoy! If desired, add in vanilla protein powder or collagen for extra protein. Enjoy!
Other peanut butter snacks:
- Chocolate peanut butter protein balls
- Peanut butter and jelly muffins
- Peanut butter overnight oats
- No-bake energy balls
- Breakfast cookies
- Homemade granola bars
Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie Recipe
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla , optional
- 1-2 teaspoons honey , optional
Extras: Add chocolate or vanilla protein powder, collagen, flax seed and/or chia seeds
- Combine the milk, Greek yogurt, banana, peanut butter and vanilla in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and add honey if needed to sweeten. Add more milk if you need to thin it out, or ice to make it thicker.
- Add in vanilla protein powder or collagen for extra protein if desired. Enjoy!
- If you want a thicker peanut butter banana smoothie, use a frozen banana. It will taste more like a shake. ;)
- Use whichever type of milk you prefer, like 2%, skim, non-dairy or coconut.
- You can add honey to sweeten up your smoothie a bit. There is already some sweetness from the banana, so you don't have to include it if preferred.
- Feel free to add in extras like vanilla protein powder, collagen, flax seed and/or chia seeds.
Now it’s your turn to spread the peanut butter love! Share your favorite peanut butter recipe in the comments with the hashtag #HowDoYouPB.
Click here for even more delicious peanut butter recipes for every occasion.