This thick and creamy peanut butter banana smoothie is a family favorite! Tastes like a milkshake, but much better for you!
Table of Contents
The Ultimate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
One of my favorite flavor combinations is peanut butter and banana. The nutty and creamy peanut butter flavor mixed with the sweetness from the banana is a match made in heaven. And what better way to combine the two than make a thick and delicious smoothie?! Yes, please!
This is one of my family’s favorite smoothie recipes and is often on rotation. It tastes almost like a milkshake, but much better for you. I love the nutritious boost that the peanut butter adds. And sometimes we even throw in a handful of oats, spinach, or strawberries as well.
The peanut butter banana smoothie recipe has a few extra ingredients compared to most smoothies. These are all pantry staple ingredients that last extra long so making this smoothie can be done over and over again. It is the perfect combination!
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Milk: You can use whichever type of milk you prefer, like 2%, skim, non-dairy milk, or coconut milk. Try almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk for other textures and flavors.
- Greek yogurt: Not only does Greek yogurt keep the consistency smooth, but it also adds extra protein as well.
- Banana: I love to use frozen bananas when making smoothies because they make the texture extra thick. You can use fresh bananas too.
- Peanut butter: Not only does it make your smoothie perfectly creamy, but it adds 8 grams of protein, 2 grams of filling fiber, and 12 grams of unsaturated fat in each two-tablespoon serving. Cashew butter or almond butter are great substitutions.
- Vanilla: I always include a splash of vanilla in my smoothies. I love the extra hint of flavor it adds!
- Honey: You can add honey to sweeten up your smoothie a bit. There is already some sweetness from the banana, so you don’t have to include it if preferred.
- Extras: Feel free to add in extras like vanilla protein powder, collagen, flax seed, and/or chia seeds.
How to Make Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie
Let the blender do all the work! It is a simple and basic smoothie combination with all the flavors. This peanut butter and banana smoothie has a creamy texture for a delicious breakfast or snack during the day. It doesn’t take long to make this recipe!
- Add ingredients to blender and blend. Combine milk, Greek yogurt, banana, nut butter, and vanilla in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. A high-speed blender or high-powered blender is best for this recipe.
- Taste and adjust as needed. Taste and add honey to sweeten if needed. Add more milk to thin it out, or ice to make it thicker.
- Add any extras and enjoy! If desired, add vanilla protein powder or collagen for extra protein. Enjoy!
Yes! Everything is best in moderation but peanut butter and bananas are both great options for a healthy snack. Peanut butter and bananas make a delicious smoothie too. Both of their nutritional information contain healthy options for enjoying.
Adding peanut butter to a smoothie will increase your protein intake as well as keep you feeling full longer. Peanut butter is a good source of healthy fats, polyunsaturated fat, and monounsaturated fat. It helps give a smoothie a creamy texture as well as a tasty snack.
Really this is up to personal preference. Almond butter has a grainy texture and is delicious in baked goods whereas peanut butter has a smooth and creamy texture. Both are great options and ways to make this peanut butter banana smoothie recipe.
5 star review
“This made the perfect snack after a long day working in our yard! So creamy and filling; I loved every gulp!”-Beth
Storing Peanut Butter Smoothie
Making homemade peanut butter and banana smoothie is best to drink right away. If you need to make it ahead and store it, place it in the refrigerator for a few hours and enjoy.
More Smoothie Recipes
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Extras: Add chocolate or vanilla protein powder, collagen, flax seed and/or chia seeds
- Combine the milk, Greek yogurt, banana, peanut butter and vanilla in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and add honey if needed to sweeten. Add more milk if you need to thin it out, or ice to make it thicker.
- Add in vanilla protein powder or collagen for extra protein if desired. Enjoy!
- If you want a thicker consistency, use a frozen banana. It will taste more like a shake. ;)
- Use whichever type of milk you prefer, like 2%, skim, non-dairy or coconut.
- You can add honey to sweeten up your smoothie a bit. There is already some sweetness from the banana, so you don’t have to include it if preferred.
- Feel free to add in extras like vanilla protein powder, collagen, flax seed and/or chia seeds.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!