This thick and creamy peanut butter banana smoothie is a family favorite! Tastes like a milkshake, but much better for you!
Table of Contents
The Ultimate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
One of my favorite flavor combinations is peanut butter and banana. The nutty and creamy peanut butter flavor mixed with the sweetness from the banana is a match made in heaven. And what better way to combine the two then make a thick and delicious smoothie?! Yes please!
This is one of my family’s favorite smoothie recipes and is often on rotation. It tastes almost like a milkshake, but much better for you. I love the nutritious boost that the peanut butter adds. And sometimes we even throw in a handful of oats, spinach or strawberries as well.
- Milk: You can use whichever type of milk you prefer, like 2%, skim, non-dairy or coconut.
- Greek yogurt: Not only does Greek yogurt keep the consistency smooth, it adds extra protein as well.
- Banana: I love to use frozen bananas when making smoothies, because they make the texture extra thick. You can use fresh bananas too.
- Peanut butter: Not only does it make your smoothie perfectly creamy, but it adds 8 grams of protein, 2 grams of filling fiber and 12 grams of unsaturated fat in each two tablespoon serving.
- Vanilla: I always include a splash of vanilla in my smoothies. I love the extra hint of flavor it adds!
- Honey: You can add honey to sweeten up your smoothie a bit. There is already some sweetness from the banana, so you don’t have to include it if preferred.
- Extras: Feel free to add in extras like vanilla protein powder, collagen, flax seed and/or chia seeds
How to Make Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie
- Add ingredients to blender and blend. Combine milk, Greek yogurt, banana, nut butter and vanilla in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust as needed. Taste and add honey to sweeten if needed. Add more milk to thin it out, or ice to make it thicker.
- Add any extras and enjoy! If desired, add in vanilla protein powder or collagen for extra protein. Enjoy!
More Smoothie Recipes
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- ¾ cup low-fat milk
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract , optional
- 1-2 teaspoons honey , optional
Extras: Add chocolate or vanilla protein powder, collagen, flax seed and/or chia seeds
- Combine the milk, Greek yogurt, banana, peanut butter and vanilla in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and add honey if needed to sweeten. Add more milk if you need to thin it out, or ice to make it thicker.
- Add in vanilla protein powder or collagen for extra protein if desired. Enjoy!
- If you want a thicker consistency, use a frozen banana. It will taste more like a shake. ;)
- Use whichever type of milk you prefer, like 2%, skim, non-dairy or coconut.
- You can add honey to sweeten up your smoothie a bit. There is already some sweetness from the banana, so you don’t have to include it if preferred.
- Feel free to add in extras like vanilla protein powder, collagen, flax seed and/or chia seeds.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
This looks incredibly delicious! I love this!
This made the perfect snack after a long day working in our yard! So creamy and filling; I loved every gulp!
Talk about easy! Nothing quite like the combo of peanut butter and bananas; delicious!
This is a sweet protein drink perfect for any time of the day! Love it!
Fantastic ideas for difficult children to feed
Oh my goodness! This smoothie looks absolutely amazing! I wish I had one right now!
This Peanut Butter Banana smoothie is delicious. I love using Greek yogurt too. Thanks for sharing.