This healthy berry protein smoothie takes only 5 minutes to make with 6 simple ingredients. It’s packed full of protein, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and tastes so delicious!
Table of Contents
Vanilla Berry Protein Smoothie
Smoothies are a great way to pack in extra protein to keep you full for longer throughout the day. They’re quick, easy and are perfect for grab and go. Some of my other protein-packed favorites are my chocolate peanut butter protein balls, overnight oats and no-bake energy balls.
I drink this protein smoothie pretty much every day! I’m a creature of habit and love to have something I can look forward to each day. It is so yummy and tastes like a berry shake. You can’t even taste the spinach, promise.
Not only is this berry protein smoothie delicious, but it’s good for you too. It is packed full of protein, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It’s also super easy to customize and can help you reach your weight loss goals. I love it because it’s healthy, easy to make and delicious. This protein smoothie can be enjoyed for any meal, snack or dessert!
Protein Powder for Smoothies
Not all protein powders are created equal. It took lots of trial and error for me to find the right one. Several of them hurt my stomach while other friends raved about a certain brand. If this is your first time trying protein powder, I would start with half a scoop. It’s all about trial and error in finding one that tastes good to you and also one that doesn’t make you feel bloated.
- I’ve found the Clean Simple Eats Vanilla to taste the best (no chalky flavor). It’s seriously so good! This is the one I use 75% of the time.
- PEScience is another good option I’ve found on Amazon.
- Costco has a few that friends love, but for some reason my stomach just doesn’t love them. But they’re the cheapest I’ve found.
- HIGH Protein and Ideal Lean are a few other great options.
- Your Super has a skinny protein that is all plant based.
Non Protein Powder Ways to Add Protein
If you don’t have any protein powder or want to add some extra protein, try adding the following:
- Swap almond milk for Fairlife milk
- Add an extra scoop of collagen
- Greek yogurt
- Cottage cheese
- Egg whites
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
This smoothie is full of protein, greens and fruit. It’s got all of the nutrients you need to keep you full and give you energy throughout the morning or afternoon. And it tastes so delicious, you’ll forget it’s healthy!
- Milk: I love to add vanilla almond milk since it’s lower in fat and adds a hint more vanilla flavor. Regular milk works just fine too.
- Protein powder: Check out my top picks above. Clean Simple Eats Vanilla has the best flavor in my opinion.
- Collagen: I love adding a scoop of collagen for even more protein and creaminess. Most collagen is unflavored, so it won’t affect the taste of the smoothie.
- Spinach: Adding in a big handful of spinach is the perfect way to get in more greens. Once it’s blended together, you can’t even taste it!
- Berries: Berries are loaded with antioxidants, which are great for your health. Feel free to use any type. Mixed berries are my favorite.
- Banana: Frozen banana helps to make the texture creamy and thick. I always have lots of them in my freezer to use for smoothies.
To make, simply blend together the ingredients in a blender (I love this Ninja from Amazon) until smooth (add the liquids in first, then the remaining ingredients). Then pour into a glass.
- Make sure to use frozen fruit so you get that super creamy and delicious texture.
- Feel free to blend in extras like chia seeds, flaxseed, honey or bee pollen.
- You can make this into a smoothie bowl if preferred. Just pour into a bowl and top with any extras like granola, diced fruit or coconut.
- I love to make smoothie bags when I know I have a busy week ahead. Simply portion out the fruit and spinach into zip top bags, then add the milk and powders right before blending. Saves time and is great for meal prep!
More Smoothie Recipes
Here are some of my other favorites. You can easily add a scoop of protein to any of these.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Protein Smoothie Recipe
- 6 ounces unsweetened vanilla almond milk , can substitute with regular milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup frozen berries , more if desired
- ⅓ frozen banana
Optional add in's: chia seeds, flaxseed, honey or bee pollen
- Add the milk to the bottom of a high power blender. Add the remaining ingredients on top of the liquids. Blend until smooth.
- Add more ice or liquid as needed. Enjoy smoothie recipe while cold!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Yummy! I love this berry protein smoothie recipe. So refreshing! So easy to make and so delicious!
I drink smoothies almost every day. This one looks so yummy and easy to make. A great way to start the day.
Wow! This looks incredible! I’m always looking for new smoothie recipes and can’t wait to give this a try!
I hope you enjoy! :)