This PB&J smoothie bowl is a simple and easy breakfast, snack or dessert. Thick, creamy and naturally sweet with all your most loved fruits and granola. This recipe is so easy to customize with your favorite toppings.
Smoothie bowls are all the rage these days and for good reason. They have all the components of a great breakfast, including protein-filled yogurt, fresh fruit and delicious toppings. Plus, breakfast never looked so good! This berry smoothie bowl is going to be your new favorite. We love making them for breakfast, but you could enjoy them as an afternoon snack or even a late night dessert.
How to make a smoothie bowl
This bowl starts out with milk, yogurt and fresh fruit. The peanut butter adds the creamy flavor and extra protein, while the fruit adds the perfect sweetness.
- Greek yogurt – this will help your protein bowl to be thick and creamy (adds extra protein too)
- Milk – this is the liquid I like to use, but you can substitute with almond or coconut milk as well.
- Frozen berries – this adds the sweetness and help keep the smoothie thick.
- Frozen bananas – frozen bananas are a must as they help sweeten the smoothie bowl and add a depth of rich creaminess.
- Creamy peanut butter – you definitely don’t have to add the peanut butter, but I love the flavor it adds.
- Vanilla protein powder – you don’t need this as well, just a way to add in some extra protein.
To make, blend together the greek yogurt, milk, frozen berries, banana, peanut butter and protein powder in a high powder blender. Then pour into a bowl.
Smoothie bowl toppings
Top with any of your favorite toppings to customize it. I love adding a variation of colors and textures.
- Fresh or dried fruit
- Sliced bananas
- Chia seeds
More delicious smoothie recipes:
You could also use any of these smoothie recipes as the base in your bowl. They would all be delicious.
- Mango smoothie bowl
- Strawberry banana smoothie
- Acai berry bowl
- Pineapple smoothie
- Peanut butter banana smoothie
Smoothie bowl recipe
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 1 small frozen banana about 1 cup sliced
- 2-3 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter I used JIF creamy
- 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder , optional
Optional toppings: sliced banana, sliced berries, granola, coconut, chia seeds
- Combine the yogurt, milk, berries, banana, peanut butter and protein powder into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into 2 large bowls or 4 small bowls.
- Top with your favorite toppings such as bananas, berries, granola and coconut. Enjoy while cold!
Hope you enjoy this smoothie bowl. It’s one of our favorites!