Perfectly soft white chocolate butterscotch cookies – these will melt in your mouth and become your new favorite! This butterscotch cookie recipe is one of my go-to desserts and is always a crowd pleaser. So delicious!
Butterscotch chip cookies
Butterscotch cookie recipe
Quick tips about these butterscotch cookies
- Before baking, I like to add extra chips to the tops of the cookie. It makes them look just a little better. :)
- Make sure to beat in one egg at a time.
- Don’t skip out on the almond extract…this extra ingredient is what helps to make the butterscotch cookies taste so yummy!
- Allow the butterscotch chip cookies to set on the pan for 2-3 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
- Want to make this the ultimate dessert? Serve with some vanilla ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle some caramel sauce on top. YUM!
Love these butterscotch cookies? Check out these other cookie recipes too:
Butterscotch Cookie Recipe
Perfectly soft white chocolate butterscotch cookies - these will melt in your mouth and become your new favorite! This butterscotch cookie recipe is one of my go-to desserts and is always a crowd pleaser. So delicious!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs (large)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in one egg at a time. Mix in oil, vanilla and almond extract.
Add in the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Then fold in butterscotch and white chocolate chips.
Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly browned. The middles should still be soft. Allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Slightly adapted from Lil Luna.