Chilled classic Coca Cola topped with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream. This easy coke float is an old fashioned treat that takes only 2 ingredients and 5 minutes to make.
Table of Contents
Easy 2 Ingredient Treat
I used to love coke floats growing up and especially craved them during the summer. There’s just something about a super cold and fizzy Coca Cola mixed with creamy vanilla ice cream that really does the trick on a hot summer day. It’s so refreshing and delicious!
I hadn’t had one in a while, so my kids and I decided to make them together last weekend. They are incredibly quick and easy and are literally impossible to mess up. Just pour a cold can or bottle of Coca Cola into a glass, then add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. That’s it! Seriously SO EASY and super yummy. This recipe is definitely an oldie but a goodie.
Tips For the Best Coca Cola Float
- Use cold soda. The soda should be COLD. Room temperature soda will definitely not give you the same result. Ideally you want the soda to have chilled in the fridge for at least 24 hours before making the float.
- Chill the glass. Freeze your glass for about 10 minutes prior to assembling the float. This will keep both the ice cream and soda cold.
- Pour slowly. Tilt the glass and pour the soda in slowly. There will be less foam this way.
- Top it off. After adding in the scoop of ice cream, finish it off with an extra drizzle of soda (so that it’s filled all the way to the top).
- Digging in. You can either enjoy it immediately with a straw and spoon, or let it sit for a few minutes and then mix it together like a milkshake. Just don’t wait too long, or else it won’t be as cold.
- If you prefer it creamier, add an extra scoop of ice cream.
- Use diet coke to make lighter. You can also use a lighter variety of ice cream.
- Switch up the flavor of soda (we love orange, big red, cream soda or grape soda).
- Give it a tropical flare by adding 2 Tablespoons coconut syrup and the juice of 1/4 lime.
- Add whipped cream and a maraschino cherry on top.
More Chilled Beverages
- 12 ounces Coca Cola , cold
- 1 to 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
Optional for topping: Whipped cream and a maraschino cherry
- Place the glass in the freezer for about 10 minutes prior to assembling your float. Then pour the cold Coca Cola into the chilled glass. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- Serve immediately while cold.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!