Simple Homemade Whipped Cream – Made with only 3 ingredients in less than 5 minutes! So light, fluffy and absolutely delicious. You’ll never go back to store-bought whipped cream once you try this easy recipe!
Whipped cream recipe
Tis’ the season of homemade pies (topped with cream of course)! I just love this time of year. Crazy to think that Thanksgiving is only a couple of weeks away. Every year on Thanksgiving we have an assortment of pies and of course homemade whipped cream to go on top.
Once you make this homemade whipped cream, you’ll never go back to store-bought! It’s so simple to make and tastes 100x better than the canned stuff. The great thing about this whipped cream recipe is that you can make it a day or two ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. Then when you need it to top your pie (or really any Thanksgiving dessert), it’s ready to go!
Whipped cream ingredients
To start out making this whipped cream recipe, you just need 3 simple ingredients. They are all staples at my house, so we usually have everything on hand. :)
- Heavy whipping cream
- Powdered Sugar (can use granulated sugar too)
How to make whipped cream
This easy whipped cream only takes 5 minutes to make and can also be made several days ahead! Scroll down for the printable homemade whipped cream recipe and video tutorial.
- Kitchen aid: Start out by placing your whisk and bowl in the freezer. Then whip the ingredients together until a peak forms.
- In a blender: Place the blender in the freezer and then blend until a peak forms.
- Bowl + whisk: Place both in the freezer and then put your muscles to work the good ol’ fashioned way. :)
Favorite desserts to top with homemade whipped cream
Pies: My favorite dessert to top with whipped cream is a piece of homemade pie! I especially love to serve it with pumpkin pie. Funny thing is, I don’t love it plain…but top it with homemade whipped cream and I LOVE it. Funny what a little cream can do. Makes it nice and sweet!
Ice Cream: We make banana splits often on the weekends and love to top them with this homemade whipped cream. It’s adds the perfect touch!
Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons powdered or granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Place a medium-large sized mixing bowl and the beaters into a freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Pour the cream, sugar and vanilla into the chilled bowl. Beat on low until the ingredients are mixed together, then beat on high until a peak forms (about 2 minutes).
- Enjoy whipped cream on your favorite pie and desserts!