Creamy and sweet pineapple Dole Whip that’s made with 3 simple ingredients in just 5 minutes. This Disney copycat recipe is bursting with tropical flavor and is the perfect refreshing treat to cool off with on a hot summer day.
Table of Contents
Favorite Disney Treat
One of the best things about visiting Disney are all of the delicious treats! While I love a good churro or Mickey Mouse beignet, I never miss a chance to enjoy a Dole Whip while I’m there. It has the best pineapple flavor and is super creamy and smooth. It almost tastes like a pineapple smoothie, but in ice cream form. :)
My kids were craving a Dole Whip the other day, so we decided to make this delicious copycat version at home. I’m telling you, it tastes just like the original recipe and is SO easy to make with only 3 ingredients. There’s no ice cream maker or soft serve machine needed. Simply achieve the same famous consistency just by using your blender!
What is a Dole Whip?
Dole Whip was originally founded by Dole Food Company, which is known for their fresh fruit (one of the major items being pineapples). They used their beloved pineapple products to create a creamy soft serve ice cream that would eventually be served at Disneyland. The refreshing treat has now become one of Disney’s most popular indulgences and has a strong following of people that visit the parks just for the Dole Whip.
Tips for Success
- Frozen pineapple. Make sure it’s frozen, not fresh. Frozen pineapple contributes to the creamy and thick consistency.
- Add juice first. Pouring the juice in before adding the ice cream and frozen pineapple makes the mixture easier to blend (and is more gentle on your blender).
- Adjust consistency. After blending everything together, give the consistency a test. To thicken it up a bit, add in more ice cream. Or to thin it out, pour in more juice.
- Piping the Dole Whip. To give it that famous soft serve swirl, transfer the mixture into a large zip top bag and then cut off 1/2″ of the corner tip. Then pipe the dessert into a cup. This also works with a large star tip and piping bag.
- Serve immediately. After the mixture is blended, serve the dessert immediately for best results. You don’t want it to melt! If you aren’t quite ready to enjoy it, you may also freeze the mixture until serving (check out the storage instructions below).
Pineapple Dole Whip isn’t the only flavor available at Disney. There are others like strawberry Dole Whip, orange, lime, raspberry and coconut. Feel free to get creative with the type of fruit you use, or make easy swaps to make it sweeter or even dairy free.
- To make dairy free, use coconut milk, coconut ice cream or yogurt in place of the ice cream.
- Add strawberries (or other fruit of choice).
- Mix in a few spoonful’s of sugar to make it even sweeter.
- Serve in a cup or bowl as a float layered with pineapple juice, Dole Whip, whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
If you don’t have plans on immediately enjoying the Dole Whip, then you can transfer it to an airtight container and store in the fridge for a few hours. It will harden up a little, so you may need to leave it out on the counter for a few minutes to soften before serving. Then either use an ice cream scoop or a piping bag to pipe the dessert into a cup.
More Refreshing Desserts
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Disney Dole Whip Recipe
- 4 ounces pineapple juice , I used Dole 100% juice
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- ½ cup vanilla ice cream
- Pour the juice, pineapple and ice cream in a blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add more juice or ice cream if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately or store in a covered container in the freezer until ready to serve.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Are you guys going to watch Cruella on Disney+? I don’t think they could have chosen anyone better than Emma Stone for that role. Disney movies are so great, and 101 Dalmatians is one of my favorite. There are really some great movies coming out recently.
Yes definitely so many great movies coming out!
Do you still use pineapple juice if you use strawberries instead of pineapple
Yes I would still keep the pineapple juice :)
My daughter made this the other night and we all loved it! So delicious and very tasty! Such a great treat for the summer and we’ll definitely be making this more often!
This really screams summer!! It is totally irresistible! Easy to make and so delish!
I have one grandchild who is dairy intolerant, can frozen vanilla yogurt used instead of ice cream?
Yes vanilla yogurt will work instead of the ice cream :)