This frozen strawberry lemonade is a delicious blend of sweet strawberries and fresh lemonade, blended to slushy perfection. It’s the perfect cool treat for summer.
This is the perfect beverage to enjoy while hosting a summer BBQ. It tastes amazing served alongside your grilled favorites like hamburgers, corn and grilled vegetables. It’s so refreshing and will keep you cool in the hot summer sun!
This time of year I love to keep it simple when creating recipes for the family. If I can make something great using only 3-5 ingredients, then it’s on my permanent list of favorites. Something as light and refreshing as a glass of lemonade is so welcome this time of year. It’s nice to have alongside a meal or while relaxing with the kids by the pool. But it’s easy to take that simple beverage and turn it into a great treat by making this frozen strawberry lemonade.
With the addition of ice and frozen strawberries, this quickly becomes something that doesn’t just go along side the main event. It BECOMES the main event, which is especially great when hosting summer gatherings. You will definitely want to make this in large batches because friends and family will keep coming back for more. I’m sharing the (somewhat smaller) 1/2 pitcher version here today.
Only 3 ingredients
This recipe calls for lemonade, frozen strawberries and ice (amounts included in printable recipe below). That’s it! So simple, yet so delicious. The strawberries and lemonade make it perfectly sweet on it’s own, but feel free to add in a little sugar if needed.
- Lemonade: Buy it from the store or make a batch from scratch. I prefer homemade lemonade because you can control how much sugar is added and the freshly squeezed lemons taste so fragrant.
- Strawberries: It’s important to use frozen strawberries. They contribute to that perfect slushy consistency. You can always chop the stem off of some fresh strawberries and stick them in the freezer for a few hours.
- Ice: Don’t forget the ice! You definitely need it for the frozen texture. Start with 2 cups, then add more if needed until the consistency is just right.
- COMBINE the lemonade, frozen strawberries and ice in the bottom of a high powder blender.
- BLEND on high until the consistency is smooth and slushy-like. Add more ice or liquid if needed.
- POUR into glasses and serve immediately while cold!
Now for the fun part…serving the frozen strawberry lemonade! You definitely want to serve it right away, while the drink still has it’s delicious frozen consistency. This recipe makes about half a pitcher, which is usually enough for 2 servings. Feel free to double or even triple the recipe if serving a crowd.
Below are some fun ways to serve the strawberry lemonade:
- Pour into clear glasses. You definitely want to be able to see it’s vibrant red color!
- Add garnishes. Garnish the rim with a freshly sliced lemon wedge or strawberry.
- Serve with fun straws. I added red and yellow striped straws to stay with the color theme. They looked so cute!
- Line the rim with sugar. For an extra special touch, line the rims of the glasses with sugar. It makes it feel super festive and gives the frozen strawberry lemonade a sweeter taste while you drink it.
More frozen drinks for summer:
Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 cup whole frozen strawberries
- 8 ounces lemonade
- 2 cups ice
- Add the frozen strawberries, lemonade and ice to the bottom of a high power blender.
- Blend on high for several minutes until smooth. Add more ice or liquid as needed.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a fresh lemon wedge or strawberry if desired. Enjoy while cold!
Recipe contributed by Gina from Kleinworth & Co for I Heart Naptime.