This homemade butterbeer is a creamy butterscotch flavored float inspired by Harry Potter! It’s the perfect frozen drink to cool off with this summer.
Earlier this year, I posted about our trip at Universal Orlando and now I’m back with more. The shops were my absolute favorite! I LOVED the candy store. I bought a chocolate frog, a chocolate wand and chocolate flies. But first, let’s talk about the butterbeer. Has anyone tried it? The frozen version was my favorite. It’s hard to describe how amazing it is while walking around the park, so of course I had to re-create this delicious treat at home for all of you to make. It is the perfect summer drink! If you like butterscotch flavoring, you will LOVE this frozen butterbeer recipe. It tastes like a butterscotch creamsicle.
- Vanilla ice cream (store bought or homemade)
- Butterscotch syrup or topping
- Cream soda
How to make butterbeer
- Place all ingredients in a large blender.
- Blend together until smooth. If needed, add more ice to create desired consistency.
- Taste and add more butterscotch or a splash of vanilla if desired.
Now for the fun part: serving the butterbeer! We served ours in these tall, glass mugs with a fun striped straw. Below are some helpful tips to consider before serving:
- Serve in cold glasses so the butterbeer doesn’t melt too fast. I stick mine in the freezer about 10 minutes prior to serving.
- For a fun look, try drizzling more butterscotch into the glass before pouring the drink in.
- If you’d like to recreate the frothy top, add some whipped cream and butterscotch syrup on top.
- You can even add a Tablespoon of butterscotch to the whipped cream for more delicious flavor.
For more frozen treats, check out:
- Root beer float
- Disney Dole Whip recipe
- Strawberry banana smoothie
- Coke float
- Frozen strawberry lemonade
- 1/2 quart vanilla ice cream
- 2-3 Tablespoons butterscotch syrup or topping , more to taste
- 12 ounces cream soda
- 1/4 cup ice , more as needed
Optional: 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon butter extract, whipped cream for topping
- Place ice cream, ice, butterscotch and cream soda in a blender. Mix just until combined. Add more ice as need to create desired consistency. Add a splash of vanilla and more butterscotch if desired.
- Serve in cold glasses. You can drizzle butterscotch into the glass before pouring the drink in for a fun look. Then pour frozen butterbeer in and top with whipped cream and extra butterscotch if desired. Enjoy!
We absolutely loved The Islands of Adventure and Harry Potter World. I loved the whole atmosphere in Harry Potter World. My husband is a big Harry Potter fan so he was excited to go on all the rides. I could of stayed there all day and just shopped, while sipping butter beer of course.
Hope you enjoy this drink from home!