These crispy bacon wrapped green bean bundles are the best savory side dish to enjoy this holiday season! Impressive and elegant yet so easy to make.
Why I Love This Recipe
- Special veggie side: Everything’s better with bacon! Elevate your Thanksgiving menu this year by adding these to the rotation or serve them as a Thanksgiving appetizer.
- Flavorful: Tender-crisp green beans and smokey bacon only get better when roasted to caramelized perfection.
- Make ahead: Prep these bundles ahead of time and then roast right before serving!
- Pre-cooked bacon: Save a step and use pre-cooked bacon from the store!
- Bacon variety: Try maple flavored, smoked or pepper varieties. I would not use thick cut bacon, as it won’t cook through.
- Fresh or frozen: Fresh longer sized green beans will work best although frozen green beans that have been thawed can be used.
- Air fry: Save some oven space and instead of oven roasting these, make them in the air fryer.
- Festive: Add some other vegetables like asparagus or red pepper slices to the bundles!
How to Make Green Bean Bundles
Fry bacon in the skillet until just cooked but not yet crisp. Add green beans to a pot of boiling water and blanch for a few minutes until crisp-tender. Immediately plunge in a bowl of ice water to stop them from cooking further.
Cut each strip of bacon slice in half. Gather 6 to 8 green beans and wrap bacon around the center. Secure bacon-wrapped green bean bundles with a toothpick then place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Brush butter over the tops of the bundles and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar, salt and pepper. Roast at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and beans are tender.
Make Ahead Instructions
Bacon-wrapped green beans are great to make ahead of time! Follow the step for cooking the bacon, blanching the green beans and then assembling them but do not brush with the butter brown sugar mixture.
Place covered in the refrigerator until ready to bake. When ready to cook, brush with the butter brown sugar mix and roast until the bacon is crisp.
More Holiday Side DishesBrowse all
Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 ½ pounds fresh green beans , trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter , melted
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add ice to a large bowl of water.
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium-low heat 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until slightly cooked (not crispy). Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Add green beans and cook 4-5 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Transfer to ice water to stop cooking. Drain and dab beans dry with a paper towel.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half (for a total of 12 slices). Gather 6 to 8 green beans and wrap bacon around the center (secure bacon with a toothpick for a tighter bundle) and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bacon slices.
- Brush butter over the tops of the bundles and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and beans are tender.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!