Mini Peppermint Cheesecakes by Alicia of The Baker Upstairs for I Heart Naptime
Hello again, I Heart Naptime readers, and happy holidays! I’m so happy to be back today with a delicious holiday recipe for you. These mini peppermint cheesecakes are so festive and perfect for a holiday party! I don’t know about you, but I totally can’t get enough of these tasty candy cane kisses, so every holiday season I love to stock up and then bake with them as much as possible. I love that they have a delicious peppermint flavor but are definitely not overpowering. They are such a fun addition to these cheesecakes and give them some great holiday flavor while still letting the creamy sweet cheesecake shine through.
These cheesecakes work great in either a mini cheesecake pan or in a cupcake tin. I love the mini size, which makes them both super cute and perfect for sharing! These would be awesome for a holiday party or as a treat to share with friends and neighbors this season. They are rich and decadent, but really easy to make too. I’ll confess that I’m still a cheesecake novice, but these were perfect on the first try! I hope you’ll give them a try this holiday season and enjoy them as much as my family did!
Mini Peppermint Cheesecakes
For the Crust:
- 1 1/4 cup crushed chocolate cookie crumbs I used chocolate teddy grahams
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
For the Cheesecake:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 drop pink or red food coloring optional
- 20 Hershey’s candy cane kiss candies chopped
For the Topping:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 12 Hershey’s candy cane kiss candies
- Preheat the oven to 350. Prepare a cupcake tin by lining with paper liners or a mini cheesecake pan by spraying with cooking spray. In a small bowl, whisk together the cookie crumbs, melted butter, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of the cookie mixture into each well of the cupcake tin and press down to form a crust. Bake 5 minutes in the preheated oven, then remove.
- While the crust is baking, in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the sugar and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, sour cream, 3 tablespoons heavy cream, vanilla, peppermint extract, and food coloring until smooth. Gently fold in the chopped candies. Spoon the cheesecake filling into the wells of the muffin tin, filling nearly full. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until they only jiggle slightly when you move the pan. The cheesecakes will dome while cooking and then flatten as they cool.
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate one hour until chilled. Once they are chilled, beat the heavy cream until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Top each cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream, then place a candy cane kiss on top. Enjoy!
Looking for more peppermint recipes? You’ll love these too:
- Peppermint bark popcorn
- Mini chocolate peppermint cakes
- Homemade peppermint oreos
- Peppermint oreo brownies