Chocolate mint cake mix cookies – super soft chocolate cookies with the perfect touch of mint. These cookies are so easy to make and are a sure crowd pleaser for the holidays!
I’m SO excited to start off our Crazy Christmas Event! We have some AMAZING posts lined up for you this month and I can’t wait for you to see them all. I wanted to start the series off with a yummy cookie recipe because I absolutely love baking this time of year!
These cookies are a new favorite. If you love the chocolate/mint combo you are going to LOVE these! Put them on your baking list!
I love these cookies because they are a little crispy around the edge and super soft in the middle. YUM!
Even more Christmas cookie recipes:
Make sure to come back each day to check out the new posts. We will have 2 new Christmas posts every day from November 3rd-November 21st. Tons of recipes, craft and gift ideas! SO much fun stuff coming your way! Wahoo!
Chocolate mint cake mix cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 8 ounces box cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 box devils food cake mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 9.9 ounces bag mint M&M’s
- In a small ziplock bag crush 3/4 cup M&M’s with a rolling pin. Save the extra M&M’s to place on top of cookies.
- In a large bowl cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in egg and mint extract and stir until combined. Add cake mix and stir until smooth. Fold in crushed M&M’s and then refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and then roll into sugar. Press 3 M&M’s on top and place on pan 2 inches a part. Bake for 11-13 minutes. Allow to cool on pan for a few minutes and then remove to cooling rack. Centers will harden as they cool. You want them to be soft.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!