This no-bake cheesecake recipe is perfect for beginners! Only 5 ingredients and absolutely no baking. It’s everything a cheesecake should be…silky, smooth, light, creamy, and decadent!
Table of Contents
Easy No-Bake Cheesecake
Cheesecake is one of those classic desserts that’s loved by many! It’s often served for special occasions and is the perfect dessert for celebrating. I usually only make one once a year, right around Valentine’s day. It’s great to enjoy after a delicious Valentine’s dinner and looks so festive with the cherry pie filling on top.
This no-bake cheesecake recipe is so easy and perfect for beginners! It takes only 5 ingredients and doesn’t require any baking. After taking a bite, you would never know how simple it is!
It’s everything a cheesecake should be…silky, smooth, light, creamy, and decadent. You won’t be able to get enough! If you’re still on the edge about making one from scratch, try making my no-bake cherry cheesecake dip instead. It tastes just like regular cheesecake, with a little less work.
5 Simple Ingredients
It is really that simple to create a decadent and delicious no-bake cheesecake. With only five ingredients you will be able to make this cheesecake quickly and easily. Classic cheesecake is layered with graham cracker crumbs, a silky, cream cheese mixture, and topped off with large cherries on top. This makes for a decadent dessert!
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Cream cheese: This adds a nice tang and gives it that ultra-creamy consistency. Just make sure your cream cheese has softened before using. If it’s too cold, it could create a lumpy texture.
- Sugar: The sugar helps balance the tang from the cream cheese and adds perfect sweetness.
- Heavy cream: This is key for creating a thick consistency.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla adds the perfect boost of flavor. You can also mix in some fresh lemon juice to add a taste of tartness.
- Crust: A graham cracker crust is the most traditional to use for cheesecake, but an Oreo crust or pretzel pie crust also tastes super delicious. I love using a gingersnap crust during the holidays to add more spice and ginger flavor. I have also heard that a crust made with digestive biscuits or Biscoff cookies is pretty tasty.
Favorite Toppings for Homemade Cheesecake
There are plenty of delicious toppings that you can use for this no-bake classic cheesecake recipe. I actually love to eat mine with fresh strawberries and hot fudge or I take inspiration from my easy cheesecake dip recipe and use M&Ms or Reese’s, but the cherries look so pretty! Feel free to adjust your toppings based on preference.
- Cherry pie filling
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries
- Hot fudge
- Crushed cookies
- Peach pie filling
- Lemon curd
- Strawberry sauce
- Blueberry sauce
- Crushed candy bars
- Caramelized bananas
- Chocolate ganache
- Chocolate chips
- Caramel sauce
- Apple pie filling
- Candied nuts
- Whipped cream (or stabilized whipped cream for more sturdy)
How to Make No-Bake Cheesecake
No oven, n water bath, and no cracks in your cheesecake with this simple-to-make dessert! It takes less than 10 minutes to make the cheesecake filling and just a few hours to chill (you and the cheesecake).
- Mix. Add the softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice into the large bowl of an electric mixer. Beat the ingredients together for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the mixture looks light and fluffy. Then slowly pour in the heavy cream and beat on medium-high speed until the texture is super thick and creamy.
- Chill. Pour the filling on top of the prepared graham cracker crust and then spread it out evenly in the pan. Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours. It should be completely firm to touch when you remove it from the fridge.
- Top. Add any of your favorite toppings right before serving. Then slice and enjoy!
Tips + Modifications
This no-bake cheesecake is the best of the best and is made perfectly just how it is. There are always modifications that need to be made and special tips to help make your dessert even better. Look over these helpful tips and use the modifications if necessary!
- Crust. I prefer a homemade crust, but you can absolutely buy a premade one from the store to save time. Use a food processor to crush your graham crackers for the homemade crust. Use melted butter to hold the crust together.
- Lemon juice. You don’t have to add lemon juice, although I do recommend including it. The citrus adds a bit of tartness and helps balance out the strong flavors from the cheese and cream.
- Let set. It’s important that you allow the no-bake cheesecake to be set completely before serving. This usually takes at least 4 hours in the fridge, but overnight is even better. You want the filling to be firm to touch before serving. A firm filling also creates super smooth slices.
- Mini versions. You can use this no-bake cheesecake recipe to make mini cheesecakes if preferred. Simply press the crust into each muffin cup in a lined muffin pan, then pour the filling on top. Let chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or until the filling is completely set. Then remove from liners and enjoy!
This cheesecake filling is made of cream cheese as the base and thickness, sugar for sweetness, heavy cream to make it silky and smooth, and a pinch of vanilla for that extra balance and flavor. Just five ingredients!
Yes, at least in stages. Assemble the crust a few days in advance, wrap it tightly in plastic, and refrigerate until it’s needed.
You can definitely use store-bought if you prefer.
This is a major preference between each person. Baked cheesecake has a dense, fluffy, moist, and smooth texture whereas no baked cheesecake has a richer, thicker, and creamier texture. You may love this baked cheesecake bars recipe!
5 star review
“I made this recipe for the first time yesterday and it was so easy to make and turned out really well. It was very delicious and not overly sweet and rich. My husband and our company really enjoyed it. I will definitely be making this again.”– Sue
Storing + Freezing No Bake Cheesecake
Make this easy no-bake cheesecake ahead of time, store leftovers, or even freeze this decadent dessert. It is simple to make and to have for those special occasions!
Store: Make sure to store the cheesecake in the fridge because of the softened cheese and cream. Cover the pan tightly in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy again. It will stay fresh in the fridge for about 3 to 5 days.
Freeze: Wrap in several layers of plastic wrap or foil and place in a zip-top freezer bag. Place upright in freezer and store for about 1 month. When ready to serve, thaw overnight in the fridge and enjoy the next day!
Do you love no-bake desserts?! Try more like these no-bake peanut butter bars, no-bake strawberry ice box, or these no-bake scotcheroos for more delicious dessert ideas!
More Delicious Desserts
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese , at room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup heavy cream , at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice , optional
- 1 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust
Optional toppings: Cherry pie filling, Fresh strawberries or raspberries, Crushed cookies or candy bars, Caramel or chocolate sauce
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice, if using, 2 to 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Slowly pour in the heavy cream and beat on medium-high speed 3 minutes, or until thick and creamy.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture into the graham cracker crust. Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or until firm.
- Top with your favorite toppings. Slice and enjoy!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Love how easy this is to whip up, and so delicious! We love it with caramel too.
Caramel sounds delicious! So glad you enjoyed the no-bake cheesecake!
I love a no bake cheesecake and this recipe was so easy to follow and crazy delicious. I shared this recipe with all of my friends!
I can’t say no to this no-bake cheesecake! It was so creamy and delightful, and I love its texture. Yummy!
Going to get everything I need and make it this again week. We’re doing another Thanksgiving dinner just with the family!
Hope you enjoy :)
Turned out delicious with coconut cream!
I only had coconut cream in my pantry, so gave it a go. Turned out very yummy. Also left out the lemon juice.
Great! Happy to hear it worked well for you :)
Looks delicious, & yummy will make
so easy and delicious will always use this recipe
I rate it a 9 cause its similar to how i make no bake cheesecake. I will modify mine by adding the lemon to it.
It really does make a difference! :)
My family has me make this recipe multiple times every year because they love it.
I’m so happy to hear that, Felicity! Thank you for your comment and review :)