This no-bake cheesecake recipe is perfect for beginners! Only 5 ingredients and absolutely no baking. It’s everything a cheesecake should be…silky, smooth, light, creamy and decadent!
I love the rich and delicious flavor of cheesecake. It tastes incredible and every bite is perfection. While I love a classic cheesecake, I also love to make variations like apple cheesecake pie, chocolate peanut butter cheesecake, cheesecake dip, cheesecake bars and cheesecake brownies.
Cheesecake is one of those classic desserts that’s loved by many! It’s often served for special occasions and is the perfect dessert for celebrating. I usually only make one once a year, right around Valentine’s day. It’s great to enjoy after a delicious Valentine’s dinner and looks so festive with the cherry pie filling on top. You could even add a cute Valentine’s cake topper for an extra special touch!
This no-bake cheesecake recipe is so easy and perfect for beginners! It takes only 5 ingredients and doesn’t require any baking. After taking a bite, you would never know how simple it is. It’s everything a cheesecake should be…silky, smooth, light, creamy and decadent. You won’t be able to get enough! If you’re still on the edge about making one from scratch, try making my no-bake cherry cheesecake dip instead. It tastes just like regular cheesecake, with a little less work.
This recipe requires only 5 ingredients and is so simple! You can definitely buy a pre-made crust, however I like to make a homemade graham cracker crust. It’s seriously SO easy and tastes way better than store-bought in my opinion. An oreo pie crust also tastes great.
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Graham cracker crust
How to make cheesecake
Scroll down for the printable recipe.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slowly pour in heavy cream and beat for 3 minutes on medium-high speed, until thick and creamy.
- Spread filling on top of graham cracker crust and refrigerate at least 4 hours, until firm.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions
Do you need to add lemon juice? Adding lemon juice to this recipe is optional, however I do recommend including it. The citrus adds a bit of tartness and helps balance out the strong flavors from the cheese and cream.
How long does it take to set? It takes about 4 hours to set in the fridge. You want the filling to be firm to touch.
Does it need to be refrigerated? Yes, you need to store this no-bake cheesecake in the fridge because of the softened cheese and cream. Just cover the pan tightly in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy again.
How long will it last? It will last about 3 to 5 days if stored in the fridge. Just make sure to cover with plastic wrap and don’t add the toppings until ready to serve.
Can I freeze no-bake cheesecake? Yes, you can freeze it. Just wrap the cheesecake in several layers of plastic wrap or foil and place in a zip top freezer bag. Place it upright in freezer and store for about 1 month. When ready to serve, thaw overnight in fridge and enjoy the next day!
There are plenty of delicious toppings that you can use for this recipe. I actually love to eat mine with fresh strawberries and chocolate sauce, but the cherries just look so pretty! Feel free to adjust your toppings based on preference!
- Cherry pie filling
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries
- Crushed cookies
- Crushed candy bars
- Chocolate chips
- Caramel sauce
- Hot fudge
No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice , optional
- 1 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust
Optional toppings: cherry pie filling, fresh strawberries or raspberries, crushed cookies or candy bars, caramel or chocolate sauce
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice (if desired) for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Slowly pour in the heavy cream and beat on medium-high speed for 3 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture into the graham cracker crust. Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or until firm.
- Top with your favorite toppings.