This no-bake cheesecake recipe is perfect for beginners! Only 5 ingredients and absolutely no baking. It’s everything a cheesecake should be…silky, smooth, light, creamy and decadent!
Cheesecake is one of those classic desserts that’s loved by many! It’s often served for special occasions and is the perfect dessert for celebrating. I usually only make one once a year, right around Valentine’s day. It’s great to enjoy after a delicious Valentine’s dinner and looks so festive with the cherry pie filling on top.
This no-bake cheesecake recipe is so easy and perfect for beginners! It takes only 5 ingredients and doesn’t require any baking. After taking a bite, you would never know how simple it is. It’s everything a cheesecake should be…silky, smooth, light, creamy and decadent. You won’t be able to get enough! If you’re still on the edge about making one from scratch, try making my no-bake cherry cheesecake dip instead. It tastes just like regular cheesecake, with a little less work.
5 simple ingredients
- Cream cheese: This adds a nice tang and gives it that ultra creamy consistency. Just make sure your cream cheese has softened before using. If it’s too cold, it could create a lumpy texture.
- Sugar: The sugar helps balance out the tang from the cream cheese and adds the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Heavy cream: This is key for creating a thick consistency.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla adds the perfect boost of flavor. You can also mix in some fresh lemon juice to add a hint of tartness.
- Crust: A graham cracker crust is the most traditional to use for cheesecake, but an Oreo crust also tastes super delicious.
How to make a no bake cheesecake
- MIX. Add the softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice into the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat the ingredients together for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the mixture looks light and fluffy. Then slowly pour in the heavy cream and beat on medium-high speed until the texture is super thick and creamy.
- CHILL. Pour the filling on top of the prepared graham cracker crust and then spread out evenly in pan. Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours. It should be completely firm to touch when you remove it from the fridge.
- TOP. Add any of your favorite toppings on right before serving. Then slice and enjoy!
There are plenty of delicious toppings that you can use for this recipe. I actually love to eat mine with fresh strawberries and hot fudge, but the cherries just look so pretty! Feel free to adjust your toppings based on preference.
- Cherry pie filling
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries
- Hot fudge
- Crushed cookies
- Peach pie filling
- Lemon curd
- Strawberry sauce
- Crushed candy bars
- Chocolate ganache
- Chocolate chips
- Caramel sauce
- Apple pie filling
- Candied nuts
- Whipped cream (or stabilized whipped cream for more sturdy)
Tips + modifications
- Crust. I prefer a homemade crust, but you can absolutely buy a premade one from the store to save time.
- Lemon juice. You don’t have to add lemon juice, although I do recommend including it. The citrus adds a bit of tartness and helps balance out the strong flavors from the cheese and cream.
- Let set. It’s important that you allow the cheesecake to set completely before serving. This usually takes at least 4 hours in the fridge, but overnight is even better. You want the filling to be firm to touch before serving. A firm filling also creates super smooth slices.
- Mini versions. You can use this recipe to make mini cheesecakes if preferred. Simply press the crust into each of the muffin cups in a lined muffin pan, then pour the filling on top. Let chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or until the filling is completely set. Then remove from liners and enjoy!
Storing + freezing
Make sure to store the cheesecake in the fridge because of the softened cheese and cream. Cover the pan tightly in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy again. It will stay fresh in the fridge for about 3 to 5 days. To freeze, wrap in several layers of plastic wrap or foil and place in a zip top freezer bag. Place upright in freezer and store for about 1 month. When ready to serve, thaw overnight in fridge and enjoy the next day!
More delicious desserts:
- Reese’s no-bake cheesecake
- Cherry pie bars
- No-bake cheesecake dip
- Oreo cheesecake bites
- Apple cheesecake pie
Optional toppings: cherry pie filling, fresh strawberries or raspberries, crushed cookies or candy bars, caramel or chocolate sauce
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice (if desired) for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Slowly pour in the heavy cream and beat on medium-high speed for 3 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture into the graham cracker crust. Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or until firm.
- Top with your favorite toppings.