These delicious mini cheesecakes are the perfect bite-sized sweet treat! So easy and made with only 5 simple ingredients. The best quick and yummy dessert!
I hosted a pampered chef party the other night (which was so fun) and decided to try out these mini cheesecakes. I love making a whole classic cheesecake, but sometimes it’s fun to have individual bite-sized desserts when entertaining. These bites turned out SO delicious and were really easy to make with only 5 simple ingredients!
I used a classic cherry pie filling to make them, but you can easily make them with different toppings as well. They taste great with different kinds of fresh berries or chocolate sauce on top. I will definitely be making them again soon. Give them a try!
These mini cheesecakes are so easy and only require 5 ingredients! I like to add a couple of teaspoons of fresh lemon juice too, however this is optional. I’ve found that the citrus helps to add some tartness and balance out the cream cheese flavor.
- Nilla wafer cookies
- Cream cheese
How to make mini cheesecakes
This recipe is so simple! The hardest part is waiting for your mini cheesecakes to cool and firm. :)
- Preheat oven to 375. Beat cream cheese and sugar together in a large bowl. Then mix in eggs (one at a time), lemon juice and vanilla.
- Fill muffin pan with cupcake liners (can use silicone muffin pan if you prefer no liners). Place 2 wafers at the bottom of each one.
- Fill all 12 muffin cups with cheesecake mixture, about 1/4 inch from the top.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove mini cheesecakes from oven and let cool completely. Then chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Add your favorite toppings and serve!
I love that these mini bites are so customizable! I love to use the classic cherry pie filling, but it’s definitely fun to switch it ups sometimes. Below are a few toppings that would taste delicious.
- Cherry pie filling
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries
- Lemon curd with blueberries
- Crushed cookies
- Crushed candy bars
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Whipped cream
- Caramel sauce
- Hot fudge
Storing + freezing
TO STORE: These mini cheesecake bites will last about 3 to 5 days if stored in the fridge. They never last that long in our house though…my family eats them right up. :) Just make sure to store them in an airtight container when storing in the fridge.
TO FREEZE: I’d recommend wrapping each of your cheesecake bites in plastic wrap, then adding to a ziptop freezer bag. They’ll last in the freezer for about a month. When ready to eat, thaw at room temp for 5-10 minutes to soften before enjoying.
If you prefer the traditional graham cracker crust with your cheesecake, try making your own and adding it to the base of the mini cheesecakes. I usually only half the recipe and then add the filling on top. Then you’ll just press into the base of a silicone muffin pan or inside a liner.
Using the graham cracker crust does take a little bit more time, but is worth the extra effort! I topped mine with some chocolate sauce and a fresh sliced strawberry. So delicious. Lots of yummy options with this recipe!
More dessert recipes you’ll love:
Mini Cheesecake Recipe
- 16 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice , optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 24 Nilla Wafer Cookies
Optional toppings: Canned pie filling, fresh berries, lemon curd, whipped cream, nuts, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 375. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Then mix in eggs, one at a time, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Fill a muffin pan with cupcake liners and place two vanilla wafers at the bottom of each one. Alternatively you can use a silicone muffin pan if you prefer no liners. But if using a metal pan, you'll need liners or they'll get stuck.
- Divide batter between 12 liners, filling each cup up to about 1/4 inch from the top. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let them cool completely. Before you place your toppings on, chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or until firm. Add your favorite toppings before serving.
- You can make a graham cracker crust (1/2 the recipe will be fine) and press about 1/4" into the bottom of a silicone muffin pan.
- You could also use an OREO as the base and add crushed OREOS to the top
Recipe slightly adapted from All Recipes.