Bacon Wrapped Bread Bites – These easy, tasty appetizers have just three ingredients and they are sure to be a hit at any party!
I have learned over the years that a sure fire way to make a snack or appetizer that everyone raves over is to add bacon. It just seems to be a magical ingredient that makes everything taste yummy! I guarantee that these bacon bread bites will be a crowd pleaser. They are delicious!
I got this recipe for bacon wrapped bread bites from a friend years ago, and I wish I would have made them sooner. My boys loved them so much that I actually made them twice over the holiday break! One time I made them with regular cream cheese, one time I used chive and onion cream cheese. Both varieties are delicious!
You can prepare the bread cubes, wrap them with bacon, and store them in the fridge in a covered container for a couple of days. Then all you have to do when you want to serve them is pop them in the oven. Easy peasy! If you are serving a large crowd, you might want to double the batch. People just can’t seem to stop eating them!
These bread bites are easy to make, but I did learn a few tricks along the way. The first one is to make sure you use thin sliced bacon. The thickly sliced bacon is harder to wrap around the cubes because it doesn’t stretch at all. The second one is to make sure your cream cheese is softened, or it is really hard to spread on the bread.
If you love bacon, you will enjoy my Game Day Bacon Cheese Ball, too!
If you enjoyed this easy recipe, you’ll love these too! (And they are all perfect for football game parties!)
Bacon Wrapped Bread Bites
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature (I use light- it’s easier to spread)
- 8 slices white bread
- 16 slices of thinly sliced bacon cut in thirds
- Spread the cream cheese evenly onto the bread slices. Cut the crusts off of the bread, and cut each piece into 6 cubes.
- Take each cube and wrap a third of a piece of bacon around it. Poke a toothpick through it to secure it if needed.
- Place all bacon wrapped cubes on a cookie sheet lined with a cooling rack. (This allows the extra fat to drip off onto the pan.)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or till bacon is crispy. I like mine really crispy, so I cook for 20 minutes.
- Note: You can use either regular cream cheese or the spreadable cream cheese in the tub. Both varieties work just fine.