Bacon Wrapped Bread Bites – These easy, tasty appetizers have just three ingredients and they are sure to be a hit at any party!
If there’s one thing that’s for certain – it’s that anything with bacon is better. Which is why I love to make bacon appetizer recipes, like these easy bread bites, bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers, bacon wrapped smokies and my bacon ranch cheese ball. The more bacon, the more delicious!
I have learned over the years that a sure fire way to make a snack or appetizer that everyone raves over is to add bacon. It just seems to be a magical ingredient that makes everything taste yummy! I guarantee that these bacon bread bites will be a crowd pleaser. They are delicious!
I got this recipe for bacon wrapped bread bites from a friend years ago, and I wish I would have made them sooner. My kids loved them so much that I actually made them twice over the holiday break! One time I made them with regular cream cheese and another time I used chive and onion cream cheese. Both varieties are delicious!
You can prepare the bread cubes, wrap them with bacon, and store them in the fridge in a covered container for a couple of days. Then all you have to do when you want to serve them is pop them in the oven. Easy peasy!
If you are serving a large crowd, you might want to double the batch. People just can’t seem to stop eating them!
These bread bites are easy to make, but I did learn a few tricks along the way:
- Use thin sliced bacon. The thickly sliced bacon is harder to wrap around the cubes because it doesn’t stretch at all.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened. If it’s not, then it is really hard to spread on the bread.
- Regular or flavored cream cheese both work great. If using flavored, chive and onion cream cheese is always a favorite.
- Place bread bites on a baking sheet lined with a cookie rack. That way extra fat will drop onto the pan and your bread bites won’t get soggy.
- Add a toothpick before serving so that guests can easily pick them up. I even like to poke a toothpick through each bread bite before baking so that the bacon is wrapped securely. That way it stays together and is perfect for guests to grab.
More easy appetizers:
- Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Kielbasa Puffs
- Easy Potato Skins
- Bacon Dip for Game Day
- Homemade Pretzel Bites
Bacon Wrapped Bread Bites
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened to room temperature (I use light - it’s easier to spread)
- 8 slices white bread
- 16 slices thinly sliced bacon , cut in thirds
- Spread the cream cheese evenly onto the bread slices. Cut the crusts off of the bread, and cut each piece into 6 cubes.
- Take each cube and wrap a third of a piece of bacon around it. Poke a toothpick through it to secure it if needed.
- Place all bacon wrapped cubes on a cookie sheet lined with a cooling rack. (This allows the extra fat to drip off onto the pan.)
- Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is crispy. I like mine really crispy, so I cook for 20 minutes.
Photography and recipe contributed by Kara from Creations By Kara for I Heart Naptime.