Bacon Wrapped Bread Bites – These easy, tasty appetizers have just three ingredients and they are sure to be a hit at any party!
Table of Contents
Easy Bacon Wrapped Bread Bites
If there’s one thing that’s for certain – it’s that anything with bacon is better. This is why I love to make bacon appetizer recipes, like these easy bread bites, bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers, bacon wrapped smokies, and my bacon ranch cheese ball. The more bacon, the more delicious!
I have learned over the years that a sure fire way to make a snack or appetizer that everyone raves over is to add bacon. It just seems to be a magical ingredient that makes everything taste yummy! I guarantee that these bacon bread bites will be a crowd pleaser. They are delicious!
I got this recipe for bacon wrapped bread bites from a friend years ago, and I wish I would have made them sooner. My kids loved them so much that I actually made them twice over the holiday break! One time I made them with regular cream cheese and another time I used chive and onion cream cheese. Both varieties are delicious!
You can prepare the bread cubes, wrap them with bacon, and store them in the fridge in a covered container for a couple of days. Then all you have to do when you want to serve them is pop them in the oven. Easy peasy!
If you are serving a large crowd, you might want to double the batch. People just can’t seem to stop eating them!
These bread bites are easy to make, but I did learn a few tricks along the way:
- Use thin sliced bacon. The thickly sliced bacon is harder to wrap around the cubes because it doesn’t stretch at all.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened. If it’s not, then it is really hard to spread on the bread.
- Regular or flavored cream cheese both work great. If using flavored, chive and onion cream cheese is always a favorite.
- Place bread bites on a baking sheet lined with a cookie rack. That way extra fat will drop onto the pan and your bread bites won’t get soggy.
- Add a toothpick before serving so that guests can easily pick them up. I even like to poke a toothpick through each bread bite before baking so that the bacon is wrapped securely. That way it stays together and is perfect for guests to grab.
More Easy Appetizers
Bacon Wrapped Bread Bites
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened to room temperature (I use light – it’s easier to spread)
- 8 slices white bread
- 16 slices thinly sliced bacon , cut in thirds
- Spread the cream cheese evenly onto the bread slices. Cut the crusts off of the bread, and cut each piece into 6 cubes.
- Take each cube and wrap a third of a piece of bacon around it. Poke a toothpick through it to secure it if needed.
- Place all bacon wrapped cubes on a cookie sheet lined with a cooling rack. (This allows the extra fat to drip off onto the pan.)
- Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is crispy. I like mine really crispy, so I cook for 20 minutes.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Photography and recipe contributed by Kara from Creations By Kara for I Heart Naptime.