Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip… the most amazing cheese dip you will ever make!
As most of you know, I grew up in Arizona and recently moved to Ohio. It is absolutely GORGEOUS and we love it here, but it is seriously lacking in the Mexican food department. We have yet to find a good Mexican restaurant. A few weeks ago we went to one downtown and they literally served store bought tortilla chips and pace salsa. I was shocked! If you know of a good one… let me know ASAP.
Whenever we are craving good Mexican food, we end up making something at home. Which brings me to this cheesy chicken enchilada dip. You just can’t find a dip around here like this. My husband and I literally devoured it. This dip has a little bit of a kick but isn’t too spicy. It is so good!
The fresh cilantro added the perfect touch. Don’t skimp on it!
Seriously? Who could resist a pan full of this cheesy goodness? I certainly couldn’t. We really should have invited friends over when I made this. It was just TOO good to stop eating! Seriously. Probably my new favorite dip!
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 8 ounces 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Old El Paso red enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 -2 cups cooked shredded chicken I used rotisserie
- 4.5 ounces 4.5-ounce can Old El Paso diced green chiles
- 1 -1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack or monterey jack cheese divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro divided
- 1 teaspoon Old El Paso taco seasoning
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Old El Paso Mini Taco Boats for serving, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF.
- Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Mix in the enchilada sauce and mix until well combined. Stir in the chicken, green chiles, 3/4 cup shredded cheese, 2 Tablespoons cilantro and taco seasoning. Stir just until combined.
- Spray an 8×8″ baking dish with cooking spray. Then pour the mixture inside the pan. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Top with fresh cilantro.
- Serve with fresh tortilla chips.
These were so fun to serve in Old El Paso’s new Mini Taco Boats too. My husband loved them! He ate some of the dip with chips and then rolled it up like a taco and ate the rest that way. Add some rice, beans and corn and call it dinner!
Seriously. YUM. We couldn’t get enough of this. Enjoy!
This post was brought to you by Old El Paso. All opinions are 100% my own. Find out more about their products here or connect with them on Facebook. Thank you for supporting the brands that make I Heart Naptime possible.
Looking for more dips? You’ll love these too: