These bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers pack so much flavor in just one bite! They’re quick, easy and make the ultimate game day appetizer. Plus they’re made with only 5 simple ingredients!
If you’re looking for an easy appetizer to make for your next game day party, these stuffed jalapeno poppers are it! They’re the perfect bite-size snack that pack a punch of flavor. Garlic parmesan pigs in a blanket, buffalo chicken dip and potato skins are some of my other favorite game day snacks as well.
Jalapeno poppers are one of the best party appetizers! They’re quick, easy and pack so much flavor in one bite. And with the Super Bowl coming up, what better appetizer recipe to make for a crowd? They are the ultimate game day appetizer and are always the first to go!
They have just the right amount of heat, but aren’t overly spicy. The seeds and membranes are removed (they usually cause the most heat), which help to mild out the flavor in the poppers. Plus they lose a little heat when they bake in the oven, too.
I love that these stuffed jalapeno poppers are wrapped in crispy bacon. I mean, who doesn’t love bacon?! It adds the perfect crunch and compliments the cream cheese filling so well. Plus the savory bacon taste combined with the spice from the pepper is such a great combination. So, so yummy!
What to put in them?
You only need 5 simple ingredients to make this simple appetizer! The original recipe uses only cream cheese, but I like the addition of cheddar and onion powder to give it more flavor. You could omit both though, if you’d like.
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Onion powder
How to make jalapeno poppers
- Slice and remove seeds. Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove both seeds and membranes.
- Make filling. In a small bowl, combine cheese and onion powder and mix. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill and wrap. Fill each half with cheese filling and place on a baking sheet. Then cut bacon in half and wrap around the center of each jalapeno. Secure with a toothpick.
- Bake in oven. Bake at 400ºF for 15 to 20 minutes, until bacon is crispy. Serve and enjoy!
TIP: If you’d like crispier jalapeno poppers, bake them on the top wire rack in your oven. I’ve also found that using precooked bacon helps the poppers to crisp up nicely.
Favorites for dipping
I like to serve these with ranch dressing topped with chopped chives. The creaminess from the ranch helps level out the spice and taste amazing with the bacon. You could serve them with blue cheese dressing or a creamy cilantro lime dressing as well.
Making ahead of time
It’s super easy to make these ahead of time. Just stuff the peppers and wrap with bacon, then add to your baking sheet. Tightly cover the sheet with foil or plastic wrap and place in the fridge. Then right before serving, pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until they’re crispy. So easy to premake!
More helpful tips
- Wear gloves while scooping out the seeds or make sure to wash your hands after holding the peppers. You don’t want to accidentally burn your eyes (like I’ve done in the past).
- Bake on the top rack in your oven for extra crispiness.
- Use a toothpick to hold the bacon down if needed.
- Use fully cooked bacon (I buy mine at Costco) if you like your bacon crispy.
More bacon appetizers you’ll love:
Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 10 jalapenos
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 10 slices thin bacon
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside. Place a wire rack on top if you want the poppers to be crispy.
- Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and then remove the seeds and membranes.
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and onion powder in a small bowl. Mix until combined. Add a dash of salt and pepper if desired. Then fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese and place on the baking sheet.
- Cut the bacon in half and then wrap around the center of the jalapeno. Secure with a toothpick.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy. Serve while hot.