These bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers pack so much flavor in just one bite! They’re quick, and easy and make the ultimate game day appetizer. Plus they’re made with only 5 simple ingredients!
Table of Contents
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
If you’re looking for an easy appetizer to make for your next game-day party, these stuffed jalapeño poppers are it! They’re the perfect bite-size snack that packs a punch of flavor. Garlic parmesan pigs in a blanket, buffalo chicken dip and potato skins are some of my other favorite game-day snacks as well.
Jalapeño poppers are one of the best party appetizers! They’re quick, and easy and pack so much flavor in one bite. They have just the right amount of heat but aren’t overly spicy. The seeds and membranes are removed (they usually cause the most heat), which helps to mild out the flavor in the poppers. Plus they lose a little heat when they bake in the oven, too.
I love that these stuffed jalapeño poppers are wrapped in crispy bacon. It adds the perfect crunch and compliments the cream cheese filling so well. If you would rather have this as a dip though, you gotta try my jalapeno popper dip, too!
And with the Super Bowl coming up, what better game-day snack recipe to make for a crowd? They are one of our favorite Super Bowl finger foods and are always the first to go!
You only need 5 simple ingredients to make this simple appetizer! The original recipe uses only cream cheese, but I like the addition of cheddar and onion powder to give it more flavor. You could omit both though if you’d like.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Jalapeños: Wash and dry the jalapeños. Medium-sized jalapeños are best! Slice the jalapeños in half and remove the seeds but leave the stem attached.
- Cream cheese: Soften your cream cheese on the counter at room temperature.
- Shredded cheddar cheese: Purchase already pre-shredded cheese or shred your own block of cheese.
- Onion powder: This will give a savory blend to the cream cheese mixture. Garlic powder will work too!
- Bacon: Cut the slice of bacon in half. Uncooked bacon will cook while in the oven. Wrap your bacon around the jalapeño loosely.
How to Make Jalapeño Poppers
These jalapeño poppers are so simple to make and come together quickly. Preparing the jalapeños, mixing cream cheese, and filling the jalapeños are easy steps when making these poppers. They are perfect for a side dish or an appetizer!
- Slice and remove seeds. Cut jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove both seeds and membranes.
- Make filling. In a small bowl, combine cheese and onion powder and mix. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill and wrap. Fill each half with cheese filling and place on a baking sheet. Then cut the bacon in half and wrap it around the center of each jalapeño. Secure with a toothpick.
- Bake in the oven. Bake at 400ºF for 15 to 20 minutes, until bacon is crispy. Serve and enjoy!
TIP: If you’d like crispier jalapeño poppers, bake them on the top wire rack in your oven. I’ve also found that using precooked bacon helps the poppers to crisp up nicely.
Favorites for Dipping
I like to serve these with ranch dressing topped with chopped chives. The creaminess from the ranch helps level out the spice and taste amazing with the bacon. You could serve them with blue cheese dressing or a creamy cilantro lime dressing as well.
More Helpful Tips
Jalapeños are delicate to work with and can hurt the eyes if not handled properly. Here are some helpful tips to work with jalapeños and baking them. Enjoy your poppers in a safe way!
- Wear gloves while scooping out the seeds with a spoon or make sure to wash your hands after holding the peppers. You don’t want to accidentally burn your eyes (like I’ve done in the past).
- Bake on the top rack in your oven for extra crispiness.
- Use a toothpick to hold the bacon down if needed.
- Use fully cooked bacon (I buy mine at Costco) if you like your bacon crispy.
Jalapeño poppers and jalapeño bites are made with cream cheese, cheddar cheese and onion powder. Then they are wrapped with bacon and baked until crisp.
No, not at all! If you like your jalapeños crunchy you will not want to blanch them. Boiling your jalapeños softens them and makes it easier to scoop out the seeds.
The seeds hold a lot of the heat from jalapeño. If you are wanting to have a spicier popper you will leave in more seeds or add them to the cream cheese mixture. Remove all the seeds and membranes for less heat.
Yes! They are low in carbs and even can be good for you. When you have a cold, jalapeños have been known to help alleviate your sinuses and symptoms.
They are best eaten hot out of the oven, however they still taste good cold.
Making Ahead of Time
It’s super easy to make these ahead of time. Just stuff the peppers and wrap them with bacon, then add them to your baking sheet. Tightly cover the sheet with foil or plastic wrap and place it in the fridge. Then right before serving, pop them in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until they’re crispy. So easy to premake!
Do you want to make this a complete meal?! These jalapeños are the perfect side dish for this baked chicken tender meal or steak kabobs!
More Bacon Appetizers You’ll Love
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
- 10 jalapeños
- ½ cup cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 10 slices thin bacon
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside. Place a wire rack on top if you want the poppers to be crispy.
- Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise and then remove the seeds and membranes.
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and onion powder in a small bowl. Mix until combined. Add a dash of salt and pepper if desired. Then fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese and place on the baking sheet.
- Cut the bacon in half and then wrap it around the center of the jalapeño. Secure with a toothpick.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy. Serve while hot.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
I make these jalapeno poppers every time we have a party! They are always a HUGE hit!
Such a great recipe for get togethers! You know I will be making these for my Super Bowl party!
These are one of my favorite appetizer snacks. So cheesy and delicious!
Mine too! Can’t beat a jalepeno popper on game day!
We had these for a NYE party. So easy and delish!
I did really good with the jalepeno Bacon wrap , next time it’ll be perfect, I enjoyed doing them
these were a big hit with the family everyone loved them and they were super easy to make with your great instructions!!