Kielbasa puffs made with 2 ingredients in just 30 minutes! The perfect easy appetizer to quickly whip up for a crowd!
Kielbasa Wrapped in Puff Pastry
This kielbasa appetizer is as easy as it gets! We’re talking 2 ingredients here, people. Just slice up a sausage and roll it some puff pastry and you’re done! Dip it in some mustard to keep it simple, or ranch, or BBQ sauce, or whatever you like.
This recipe would be good to make for any party where you need a last minute appetizer. Whether you’re celebrating the holidays, game day or any get-together, they are definitely crowd pleasers! Because, spoiler alert, they taste like gourmet pigs in a blanket! :) No surprise there.
Kielbasa puffs are my favorite small bite appetizer and are great for when you’re in a pinch. It’s the perfect recipe to have in your back pocket!
This kielbasa appetizer recipe is made with only a few ingredients and so simple to make!
Find the full printable recipe with measurements below.
- Puff pastry: Puff pastry can be found in the frozen area at the grocery store. Plan accordingly for it to thaw before using.
- Kielbasa: You will need one pound kielbasa sausage.
- Egg wash: You will need one egg and some water for an optional egg wash.
- You can swap the puff pastry for crescent rolls if you prefer in this kielbasa appetizer.
- Feel free to sprinkle on some seasonings after brushing on the egg wash. Garlic powder and grated parmesan add delicious flavor.
- Instead of sliced kielbasa, you may also use a package of little smokies or your favorite cooked chicken sausage.
- Add a piece of cheese on top of the puff pastry dough before rolling up the kielbasa, similar to these cheesy pigs in a blanket.
How to Make this Easy Kielbasa Appetizer
- Slice the kielbasa. Using a sharp knife, cut the kielbasa into 36 slices. Mine were all about a half-inch wide. Set aside.
- Cut the puff pastry. Lightly dust flour on a work surface. Unfold one of the puff pastry sheets onto the flour. Roll a couple times each way with a rolling pin to smooth it out. Use a knife or pizza cutter to slice the dough in half vertically. Then slice horizontally to make 18 strips total in the shape of rectangles.
- Wrap the puffs. Wrap each piece of sausage in one strip of dough and pinch to seal. You can secure with a toothpick if you want, but it’s not necessary. It is convenient for serving though. Repeat with the other sheet of dough and the last half of the kielbasa.
- Place on baking sheet. Arrange the puffs on a greased baking sheet seam side down, at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake in oven. Bake at 400°F for about 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve. Serve this easy appetizer with your favorite dipping sauces! Enjoy.
Optional Egg Wash
If you want to do an egg wash for this kielbasa appetizer, combine 1 beaten egg with 1 Tablespoon water and brush each puff with the mixture. This will make them shiny.
Favorite Dipping Sauces
Don’t forget the dipping sauce! These kielbasa puffs taste delicious dipped in any of the options below.
- BBQ sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Honey mustard sauce
- Chick-fil-A sauce
- Blue cheese dressing
- Buffalo sauce
- Pretzel cheese dip
This kielbasa puff pastry appetizer is easy to prepare in advance and then bake right before serving. Just wrap the sausage in the puff pastry, place on a cookie sheet and then cover with foil. Store in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Then bake according to directions.
This kielbasa appetizer is best served with your favorite dipping sauces! Mustard, horseradish or even BBQ all work great. These are also great served before or with soups, stews, or even sauerkraut.
You can store leftovers of this appetizer in the fridge for 1-2 days or freeze 1-2 months. Thaw and reheat.
More Bite-Sized Appetizers:
More Easy AppetizersBrowse all
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
- 1 package puff pastry (2 sheets) , thawed
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage
- 1 egg , optional
- 1 Tablespoon water , optional
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Use a sharp knife to cut the kielbasa into 36 slices. Mine were all about a half-inch wide. Set aside.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface. Unfold one sheet of puff pastry onto the flour. Roll a couple times each way with a rolling pin to smooth it out. Use a knife or pizza cutter to slice the dough in half vertically. Then slice horizontally to make 18 strips total.
- Wrap each slice of sausage in one strip of dough and pinch to seal. You can secure with a toothpick if you want, but it’s not necessary. It is convenient for serving though. Repeat with the other sheet of dough and the last half of the kielbasa.
- If you want to do an egg wash, combine 1 beaten egg with 1 Tablespoon water and brush each puff with the mixture. This will make them shiny.
- Arrange the puffs on the baking sheet, at least 1 inch apart. Bake for about 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with mustard, BBQ sauce, ranch, any dipping sauce would be good!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe contributed by Karen from The Food Charlatan for I Heart Naptime.
Oh, my word these are freaking amazing! The perfect quick appetizer.
I love that these are really easy to make!! It was a huge hit with my kids!
Yay, love to hear that!
These are a crowd favorite!! I love them because they are quick & easy to make!