Kielbasa Puffs – the perfect appetizer for the holiday season or any get-together!
By Karen of The Food Charlatan, for I Heart Naptime
Who is ready for the holidays? This girl is, that’s for sure. I have been dreaming about Christmas for a little too long, probably. My husband has come to expect Nat King Cole come September. I’m super annoying, I know. (What can I say, the guy loves me.)
For me, the end of the year is all about small bites. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are all perfect excuses to eat copious amounts of appetizers and call it dinner.
Including these adorable Kielbasa Puffs! We’re talking 2 ingredients here, people. Just slice up a sausage and roll it some puff pastry and you’re done! Dip it in some mustard to keep it simple, or ranch, or BBQ sauce, or whatever you like! This would be good to make for any parties you are bringing appetizerss to, or even for game day. They are definitely crowd pleasers! Because, spoiler alert, they taste like gourmet Pigs in a Blanket :) No surprise there. Enjoy!
You will love these other appetizer recipes! Click on the link below the picture to get to the recipe.
Love this easy appetizer?! You’ll love these, too!
- Crock Pot Grape Jelly & BBQ Meatballs
- Easy Potato Skins
- Fig and Brie Appetizers
- Slow Cooker Queso Blanco Dip
- 1 package package puff pastry 2 sheets, thawed
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage
- 1 egg optional
- 1 tablespoon water optional
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the kielbasa into 36 slices. Mine were all about a half-inch wide. Set aside.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface. Unfold one sheet of puff pastry onto the flour. Roll a couple times each way with a rolling pin to smooth it out.
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to slice the dough in half vertically. Then slice horizontally to make 18 strips total. Wrap each slice of sausage in one strip of dough and pinch to seal. You can secure with a toothpick if you want, but it’s not necessary. It is convenient for serving though.
- Repeat with the other sheet of dough and the last half of the kielbasa.
- If you want to do an egg wash, combine 1 beaten egg with 1 tablespoon water and brush each puff with the mixture. This will make them shiny.
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Arrange the puffs on the sheet, at least 1 inch apart. Bake at 400 for about 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with mustard, BBQ sauce, ranch, any dipping sauce would be good!