Hey friends! It’s Kristy from Sweet Treats & More, back again to share a super tasty, healthy summer salad with you. I’m so excited summer is upon us! We are ready to spend the hot summer days at the park and lounging at the pool.
Two things I love on a hot summer day are 1) an ice cold diet coke from Sonic and 2) a freshly chopped salad loaded with my favorite toppings and a light dressing.
This salad starts with finely chopped romaine lettuce (I like it chopped so fine I can eat my salad with a spoon- it’s easier to shovel in!) and gets loaded with chopped strawberries, blueberries, slivered almonds, avocado, and feta cheese. All tossed together with a zesty homemade Lemon Poppyseed Vinaigrette.
I could seriously drink this dressing….
Doesn’t it make the salad look pretty too? I love seeing all those little poppyseeds in there!
Here’s to a summer full of salads!
Healthy Berry Almond Chopped Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Vinaigrette
- 1 head crisp romaine lettuce rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and diced
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste if desired
Lemon Poppyseed Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp poppyseeds
- 1 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- dash of salt and pepper
- Combine all Vinaigrette ingredients and whisk everything together and set aside.
- Assemble salad and toss everything together with desired amount of Lemon Poppyseed Vinaigrette.
Hi there! I’m Kristy, a wife, mom to two little boys, runner, and just a girl that loves good food. I love cooking and baking for family and friends and love the memories that accompany good food. You may have already noticed–but I kind of have a thing for sweets, especially chocolate and peanut butter. I like to keep things simple in the kitchen- simple meals and desserts using simple ingredients. I try to make healthy meals for my growing little family, but we always save room for a little dessert.