Mandarin Orange Salad – The BEST Summer salad recipe that’s fresh, sweet and loaded with flavor. Topped with an amazing homemade orange salad dressing that you can’t live without!
I am so excited that warmer weather is finally here! Around this time of year, I crave ALL the salads and this orange salad is absolutely one of my top recipes. I especially love this spinach salad with mandarin oranges in the Summer, but it’s great year round as well. The fresh ingredients mixed with the orange salad dressing is such a great combination. Top with chicken to add more protein or omit the dried cranberries to limit sugar…there are so many ways to make this orange salad recipe your own!
This mandarin salad always makes an appearance at our family reunions and is so yummy! It comes from my Aunt’s ‘Favorites’ cookbook and everyone loves it! In her original recipe, she also adds in green onions, mushrooms, avocado and tomatoes, however my family prefers the orange salad with just mandarins, cranberries and nuts. This spinach salad with mandarin oranges is so versatile…you can really add in anything and it would still be just as delicious! Just make sure to keep in the mandarin oranges because that’s what makes the whole salad recipe! It is SO good!
Orange Salad Dressing
This orange salad dressing calls for only a few simple ingredients and is so easy to make. Just mix all of the ingredients together and you’re finished! I like to use a mason jar and shake all of the ingredients until mixed well, however you can also use a blender or whisk it in a bowl.
- Add the orange juice, orange rind, salt, olive oil, sugar, vinegar and lemon juice to a mason jar.
- Shake until well combined.
- Pour over the salad just before serving. Toss until combined.
Looking for more Summer salad recipes? Try these:
- Pesto Chicken Salad
- The BEST Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Ramen Noodle Cabbage Salad with Chicken
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Strawberry Burrata Salad with a Poppyseed Dressing
Spinach Salad with Mandarin Oranges
- 1 (10-ounce) bag fresh baby spinach (or Spring mix)
- 1 (11-ounce can) mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (can use walnuts or pecans as well)
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar (I used apple cider)
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon poppyseeds
- Add the spinach, oranges, cranberries and almonds to a large bowl.
- Add the orange juice, orange rind, salt, olive oil, sugar, vinegar and lemon juice to a mason jar. Shake until well combined. Then pour over the salad just before serving. Toss until combined.