Table of Contents
Fresh Summer Salad
In the summer, I crave ALL the salads and love to use fresh fruit and veggies that are in season. This strawberry spinach salad is the perfect way to incorporate those fresh and juicy summer berries, as well as lots of greens!
What I love about this recipe is that it’s super customizable! Add in as much or as little as you prefer. Some of my favorite additional mix-in’s are sliced avocado and chopped red onion. Sometimes I’ll even throw in some protein like grilled chicken or grilled salmon.
I love to use poppy seed dressing as my dressing. It tastes amazing paired with all of the flavors and has the best creamy but light consistency. So delicious!
What Goes In It?
- Spinach: I like to use baby spinach and remove the stems.
- Strawberries: This recipe calls for 1 pint strawberries, sliced in half.
- Feta cheese: I love to use feta cheese, but blue cheese or goat cheese would work too.
- Sliced almonds: My preference is sliced almonds, however pecan pieces or candied pecans also taste delicious!
- Others: Optional mix-in’s like grilled chicken, cucumbers, avocado, croutons, extra veggies, etc.
My favorite dressing for this recipe is poppy seed dressing. It pairs wonderfully with the fresh strawberries and is the perfect compliment! There are plenty of other dressings that would taste delicious too, like balsamic, ranch, vinaigrette or even cilantro lime dressing.
More Tasty Additions to Your Salad
This salad is super customizable, meaning there are lots of extra mix-in’s you can add in to make it even more delicious. Below are some yummy ideas to try.
- Greens: Mixed greens, arugula, romaine or kale
- Veggies: Radishes, cucumbers or bell peppers
- Fruit: Raspberries, blueberries or dried cranberries
- Cheese: Goat cheese or blue cheese
- Nuts: Pecans, walnuts or pistachios
- Protein: Grilled chicken, grilled salmon or skirt steak
Other Fresh Salad RecipesBrowse all
Spinach Strawberry Salad
- 8 cups baby spinach , stems removed
- 1 pint strawberries , sliced in half
- 1/4 cup feta cheese , blue cheese or goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds , or pecans
Optional mix-ins: chicken, cucumbers, avocado, extra veggies
For serving: Poppy seed dressing, vinaigrette, ranch or balsamic
- Place the spinach in a large bowl. Next add the sliced strawberries, cheese and nuts. Add additional mix-ins if desired.
- Drizzle the dressing over top and then toss with salad tongs. Serve immediately.
- Greens: mixed salad greens, romaine or kale
- Veggies: bell peppers, cucumbers, carrots, radishes or radicchio
- Fruit: raspberries, blueberries or dried cranberries
- Cheese: feta, goat or blue cheese
- Nuts: can substitute with pecans pieces or candied pecans
- Protein: grilled chicken or steak
- Dressing: poppy seed dressing, vinaigrette, balsamic or ranch
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!