Strawberry Spinach Salad – A light and refreshing salad filled with fresh strawberries, almonds, feta and greens. Top with poppy seed dressing to make the perfect summer salad recipe!
Whenever I’m craving a big green salad, this strawberry spinach salad is at the top of my list. It’s filled with fruit and vegetables and tastes so fresh and delicious. Some of my other favorites are an Italian salad, Cobb salad, taco salad or big chopped salad.
Spinach and strawberry salad
In the summer, I crave ALL the salads and love to use fresh fruit and veggies that are in season. This strawberry spinach salad is the perfect way to incorporate those fresh and juicy summer berries, as well as lots of greens!
What I love about this spinach and strawberry salad is that it’s super customizable! Add in as much or as little as you prefer. Some of my favorite additional mix-in’s are avocado and chopped red onion. Sometimes I’ll even throw in some protein like grilled chicken or steak.
I love to use poppy seed dressing as my strawberry spinach salad dressing. It tastes amazing paired with all of the flavors and has the best creamy but light consistency. So delicious!
What goes in strawberry spinach salad?
- Spinach: I like to use baby spinach and remove the stems.
- Strawberries: This recipe calls for 1 pint strawberries, sliced in half.
- Feta cheese: I love to use feta cheese, but blue cheese or goat cheese would work too.
- Sliced almonds: My preference is sliced almonds, however pecan pieces or candied pecans also taste delicious!
- Others: Optional mix-in’s like grilled chicken, cucumbers, avocado, croutons, extra veggies, etc.
What dressing for strawberry spinach salad?
My favorite strawberry spinach salad dressing is poppy seed dressing. It pairs wonderfully with the fresh strawberries and is the perfect compliment! There are plenty of other dressings that would taste delicious too, like balsamic, ranch, vinaigrette or even cilantro lime dressing.
How to make strawberry spinach salad
Scroll down for the printable spinach strawberry salad recipe.
- Add ingredients to bowl. Place the spinach in a large bowl. Next add the sliced strawberries, cheese and nuts. Add additional mix-ins if desired.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve. Drizzle the dressing over top and then toss with salad tongs. Serve immediately.
Other summer salads:
- Strawberry burrata salad
- Mandarin orange salad
- Summer salad with lemon dressing
- Nuts about berries salad
- Strawberry asparagus salad
Spinach Strawberry Salad Recipe
- 8 cups baby spinach , stems removed
- 1 pint strawberries , sliced in half
- 1/4 cup feta cheese , blue cheese or goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds , or pecans
Optional mix-ins: chicken, cucumbers, avocado, extra veggies
For serving: Poppy seed dressing, vinaigrette, ranch or balsamic
- Place the spinach in a large bowl. Next add the sliced strawberries, cheese and nuts. Add additional mix-ins if desired.
- Drizzle the dressing over top and then toss with salad tongs. Serve immediately.
- Greens: mixed salad greens, romaine or kale
- Veggies: bell peppers, cucumbers, carrots, radishes or radicchio
- Fruit: raspberries, blueberries or dried cranberries
- Cheese: feta, goat or blue cheese
- Nuts: can substitute with pecans pieces or candied pecans
- Protein: grilled chicken or steak
- Dressing: poppy seed dressing, vinaigrette, balsamic or ranch