Table of Contents
Fresh Summer Salad
In the summer, I crave ALL the salads and love to use fresh fruit and veggies that are in season. This strawberry spinach salad is the perfect way to incorporate those fresh and juicy summer berries, as well as lots of greens!
What I love about this recipe is that it’s super customizable! Add in as much or as little as you prefer. Some of my favorite additional mix-ins are sliced avocado and chopped red onion. Sometimes I’ll even throw in some protein like grilled chicken or grilled salmon to this strawberry spinach salad.
I love to use poppy seed dressing as my dressing. It tastes amazing paired with all of the flavors and has the best creamy but light consistency. So delicious!
Ingredients for Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
This strawberry spinach salad is just so simple to make with the perfect combination! It is full of sweet, savory, and crunchy deliciousness. Spinach strawberry salad is a light and tasty lunch, side dish, or dinner!
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Spinach: I like to use baby spinach and remove the stems.
- Strawberries: This recipe calls for 1 pint of strawberries, sliced in half.
- Feta cheese: I love to use feta cheese, but blue cheese or goat cheese would work too.
- Sliced almonds: My preference is sliced almonds, however pecan pieces or candied pecans also taste delicious on this strawberry spinach salad!
- Others: Optional mix-in’s like grilled chicken, cucumbers, avocado, croutons, extra veggies, etc.
My favorite dressing for this recipe is poppy seed dressing. It pairs wonderfully with fresh strawberries and is the perfect compliment! There are plenty of other dressings that would taste delicious too, like balsamic, ranch, vinaigrette, or even cilantro lime dressing.
5 star review
“I just love feta and strawberries together! Such a great combo! This dressing is amazing too!”-Hanna
More Tasty Additions to Your Salad
This spinach and strawberry salad is super customizable, meaning there are lots of extra mix-ins you can add to make it even more delicious. Below are some yummy ideas to try.
- Greens: Mixed greens, arugula, romaine, or kale lettuce are all great choices. You can even do half arugula and half spinach. Mix it up and make it great!
- Veggies: Radishes, cucumbers, sliced onions, or bell peppers can be sliced and thrown in the salad.
- Fruit: Raspberries, blueberries, or dried cranberries are washed and easily tossed over top of the strawberry salad.
- Cheese: Goat cheese or blue cheese crumbled as a garnish.
- Nuts: Pecans or even toasted pecans, walnuts, or pistachios add a great extra crunch.
- Protein: Grilled chicken, grilled salmon, or skirt steak takes this strawberry spinach salad to the next level!
Goat cheese, shaved Parmesan cheese or bleu cheese could be used instead of feta.
Sure! Add sunflower seeds for a great crunch.
Prepare your dressing of choice and store it in the refrigerator. Next, assemble the salad minus your strawberries and nuts. Cover and refrigerate the salad. Right before serving bring dressing to room temperature, add sliced strawberries, and sprinkle with nuts.
Storing and Making Ahead Strawberry Spinach Salad
Making your spinach and strawberry salad ahead of time is easier than you think! Prepare all the ingredinets and places the ingredinets individually in separate containers or individual jar and store them in the refrigerator. When ready to make the fresh salad, simply toss the ingredinets into a large serving bowl.
Make the homemade dressing ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for five days. Shake or whisk together before drizzling over top the salad.
Pair this delicious salad with chicken Caesar wraps for an easy lunch idea!
Other Fresh Salad RecipesBrowse all
Spinach Strawberry Salad
- 8 cups baby spinach , stems removed
- 1 pint strawberries , sliced in half
- ¼ cup feta cheese , blue cheese or goat cheese
- ¼ cup sliced almonds , or pecans
Optional mix-ins: chicken, cucumbers, avocado, extra veggies
For serving: Poppy seed dressing, vinaigrette, ranch or balsamic
- Place the spinach in a large bowl. Next add the sliced strawberries, cheese and nuts. Add additional mix-ins if desired.
- Drizzle the dressing over top and then toss with salad tongs. Serve immediately.
- Greens: mixed salad greens, romaine or kale
- Veggies: bell peppers, cucumbers, carrots, radishes or radicchio
- Fruit: raspberries, blueberries or dried cranberries
- Cheese: feta, goat or blue cheese
- Nuts: can substitute with pecans pieces or candied pecans
- Protein: grilled chicken or steak
- Dressing: poppy seed dressing, vinaigrette, balsamic or ranch
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!