Apple cranberry spinach salad filled with greens, crisp apples, dried cranberries, walnuts, feta cheese and a delicious honey dijon dressing. The perfect side dish for any holiday dinner!
Have you started planning your holiday menus? Crazy to think Thanksgiving is just a couples weeks away. It is one of my favorites and one I crave often. If you’re looking for a salad to make for Thanksgiving or Christmas, this spinach salad recipe needs to be on your list. It’s so quick to whip up and you probably already have a lot of the ingredients on hand.
I like to use baby spinach as the base of this salad and add in a spring mix if I have some on hand. Then it’s topped with sliced apples, dried cranberries, walnuts (pecans also taste great), feta cheese and a honey dijon dressing. If I’m feeling extra naughty, I’ll throw in some candied pecans, which are a real treat. This is the perfect Christmas salad because it has red and green colors mixed in. It will blend perfect on your holiday table and be a healthy side dish that everyone will enjoy.
Honey dijon dressing
The homemade honey dijon dressing is what really takes it over the top. I love this dressing on so many different salads. It is so yummy and only takes a couple minutes to whip up. All you need for this dressing is olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. To make things easier, you can toss the ingredients in a mason jar, shake it up and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
I’m not going to lie I haven’t been craving too much salad this pregnancy, but when I made this recipe for the photos I couldn’t stop eating it. I forgot just how much I loved it and have made it several times since then.
Spinach salad recipe
Apple cranberry spinach salad
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 to 8 cups prewashed spinach or spring mix
- 1 large apple cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve and stir before serving. The dressing stays good up to one week.
- When ready to serve, place the spinach in a large bowl. Top with apple slices, cranberries and feta cheese. Drizzle with the dressing and toss until combined. Serve immediately.
If you’re looking for more salad recipes for the upcoming holidays, you’ll love these too: