Creamy and sweet poppy seed dressing made with only 5 simple ingredients. Perfect for summer salads with fresh fruit on top!
Making your own salad dressing is super quick and easy. It tastes fresher than store-bought dressing and is way more affordable. This poppy seed salad dressing is one of my favorite homemade dressings, as well as ranch, vinaigrette and cilantro lime dressing.
Poppy seed salad dressing
Poppy seed dressing has always been one of my favorite salad dressings. I usually have a bottle of Breanna’s on hand, but it’s also nice to whip up your own. Plus it’s a lot easier than you think to make!
The best part about this poppyseed dressing is that it’s made with only 5 ingredients. Seriously so simple and absolutely delicious. And you can even make some healthier swaps to lighten it up a bit, like using Greek yogurt instead of mayo or omitting the granulated sugar.
This dressing tastes amazing on all types of salads, but is especially delicious on salads with fresh fruit on top (like my strawberry spinach salad). It would also taste great on a pasta salad or fruit salad. Yum!
Only 5 ingredients!
- Mayonnaise: Can sub with Greek yogurt to lighten the dressing up.
- Vinegar: You can use white vinegar, apple cider vinegar or even raspberry vinegar.
- Honey: The honey gives the dressing that delicious sweet flavor.
- Sugar: Use granulated sugar. To lighten it up, omit sugar and only use honey.
- Poppy seeds: You can find these in the spice section at most grocery stores.
How to make poppy seed dressing
Scroll down for the printable poppy seed dressing recipe.
- Mix together ingredients. Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, honey and sugar.
- S&P to taste. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in poppy seeds. Then stir in poppy seeds and store.
This poppy seed dressing will keep for up to 1 week if chilled in the refrigerator. I like to store it in a glass jar with a lid so that I can easily shake it up before using. Sometimes I even mix my ingredients together in the glass jar too, so that I don’t dirty up 2 dishes. :) It’s all about convenience!
This dressing tastes great on:
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Strawberry Burrata Salad
- Mandarin Orange Salad
- Nuts About Berries Salad
- Berry Almond Chopped Salad
Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 3 Tablespoons vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
S&P, to taste
- Whisk together the mayo, vinegar, honey and sugar. Salt and pepper to taste. Then stir in the poppy seeds.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.