This Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry is an easy 30-minute meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights! It’s loaded with fresh veggies and coated in a delicious stir fry sauce. Serve over rice or noodles for the ultimate take-out style dish!
Stir fries are one of my favorite one-pan meals. They are so customizable, easy to clean up and are on the healthier side. Some of my other go-to’s are sheet pan fajitas, one pot burrito bowls and easy crockpot lasagna.
Chicken stir fry
A chicken and vegetable stir fry is one of my go-to weeknight dinners! Everything cooks in one skillet and it’s ready to eat in just 30 minutes. Plus it’s a great dinner to make when you need to clean out your fridge. My kind of meal. :)
This chicken vegetable stir fry is super easy and is actually pretty healthy! I love how you can easily make swaps and customize based on preference or what you have on hand. Just add in your favorite veggies and serve over rice or noodles. You could even skip the rice/noodles to keep it low carb and serve over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles. So many ways to make this chicken stir fry recipe perfect for you!
Stir fry ingredients
This chicken stir fry is super versatile and can be customized based on what you have on hand! I like to use a mix of carrots, bell peppers and broccoli, however feel free to add any extra veggies. Mushrooms, onions, squash and snap peas would taste delicious in the chicken stir fry, too!
- Bell Peppers
- Olive Oil
- Yoshida’s Gourmet Sauce
Chicken stir fry sauce
For the chicken stir fry sauce, I love to use Yoshida’s Gourmet Sauce. It has great flavor and tastes amazing mixed in with the chicken and veggies. You can also make your own sauce with a few simple ingredients. Just whisk together 1/4 cup chicken broth, 1/4 cup lite soy sauce, 3 Tablespoons honey and 1 Tablespoon corn starch. Feel free to add a few crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat, if desired.
Is it OK to cook raw chicken with vegetables?
Yes, that’s part of what makes this chicken stir fry recipe so easy. You literally just throw the chicken and veggies in a skillet and cook at the same time. Just make sure that the chicken is cooked all the way through prior to serving.
If you’re adding a lot of vegetables (like I have above), I think it’s best to cook the vegetables first. Then set them aside on a plate while the chicken cooks. Then once the chicken is done you can toss the vegetables and sauce back in.
How to make chicken stir fry
This chicken vegetable stir fry couldn’t be any easier! It’s one of my favorite one-pan meals. Scroll down for the printable chicken stir fry recipe.
- If serving with rice, cook rice prior to starting the chicken (it will take longest to cook).
- Add oil to large skillet or wok over medium heat. Then mix in vegetables and cook for 5-10 minutes, until tender. Place veggies on a plate.
- If needed, add more oil. Then add chicken to pan. Flip once bottoms are lightly browned and S&P to taste. Cook until center is no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked, add vegetables and sauce into pan. Simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat, until sauce thickens.
- Serve chicken vegetable stir fry over rice.
What do you eat with chicken stir fry?
Rice: My favorite way to serve this chicken stir fry is over white or brown rice. The sticky rice is the perfect compliment to the dish and really gives you that Chinese takeout taste.
Noodles: You can also serve this chicken vegetable stir fry over noodles if you prefer. Ramen, lo mein or spaghetti noodles all taste great!
Veggies: If you want to keep this chicken stir fry recipe low carb, try serving it over cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles or a bed of spinach.
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (more if needed)
- 1 cup carrots (chopped)
- 3 bell peppers (chopped, I used 1 red, 1 orange, 1 yellow)
- 1 head broccoli (chopped)
- 1 pound chicken (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 3/4 cup Yoshida’s Gourmet Sauce
Optional: Sliced onions, sliced mushrooms, snap peas or any extra veggies you want to throw in
For serving: Rice
- If serving with rice, start cooking it prior to beginning the chicken since it will take the longest to cook.
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet or wok pan over medium heat. Add the vegetables to the pan and cook until tender (5-10 minutes). Place the veggies on a plate.
- Add more olive oil if needed. Then add the chicken to the pan, flipping once the bottom is lightly browned. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the center is no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the vegetables and sauce into the pan. Let simmer for about 5 minutes over medium heat, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve chicken vegetable stir fry over rice.