Slow cooker honey chicken is one of my favorite crockpot chicken recipes that’s quick, flavorful and absolutely delicious. It comes out perfectly tender every time!
I love to have lots of quick and easy slow cooker recipes on hand, especially for those busy weeknights! This dish is one of my go-to’s, along with crockpot lasagna, slow cooker taco bowls and chicken enchilada soup.
If you know me, you know that I’m all about quick and easy DELICIOUS recipes! And this slow cooker honey garlic chicken is one of those recipes. The sauce has such a unique flavor and leaves your family begging for more! They’ll think you slaved all day in the kitchen. Shh! Don’t tell. They don’t have to know it only took you five minutes to make. ;)
Honey garlic sauce
The sauce is the star of the show! It’s sweet, flavorful and has a hint of Chinese flavor from the soy sauce. All of the ingredients are simple fridge and pantry staples that you likely already have on hand.
This dish is also pretty healthy as well. You can cut back on the honey to make it even more healthy. I love to use low sodium soy sauce too.
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Onion powder
- Minced garlic
Preparation for slow cooker honey chicken
- CHICKEN. Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- SAUCE. Combine remaining sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and stir. Then pour the sauce over the meat.
- COOK. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, or until the meat falls apart.
- Serve in a bowl over brown or white rice.
- Top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds for additional flavor.
- Add in steamed vegetables like broccoli or green beans. Cook them separately, then add to your bowl before serving.
- Use quinoa or cauliflower rice for a healthier, lower carb option.
- This dish also tastes great in lettuce wraps or over a salad.
More crockpot dinner recipes:
- Slow cooker teriyaki chicken
- Crockpot beef and broccoli
- Creamy crockpot Italian chicken
- Slow cooker chicken tacos
Slow Cooker Honey Chicken Recipe
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2-3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For serving: Cooked rice or quinoa, sliced green onions, sesame seeds
- Place chicken breasts in a crock pot. Combine soy sauce, honey, olive oil, onion powder, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir until combined. Pour sauce over chicken. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or until the chicken easily falls apart.
- Serve honey chicken over cooked rice or quinoa. Add extra sauce and top with green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!