Slow Cooker Honey Chicken – One of my favorite crockpot chicken recipes that’s quick, flavorful and absolutely delicious. This healthy crockpot chicken comes out perfectly tender every time!
I love to have lots of quick and easy crockpot meals on hand, especially for those busy weeknights! This crock pot honey garlic chicken is one of my go-to’s, along with crockpot lasagna, slow cooker taco bowls, chicken enchilada soup and slow cooker ribs.
Crock pot honey garlic chicken
If you know me, you know that I’m all about quick and easy DELICIOUS recipes! And this slow cooker honey garlic chicken is one of those recipes.
The chicken has such a unique flavor and leaves your family begging for more! They’ll think you slaved all day in the kitchen. Shh! Don’t tell. They don’t have to know it only took you five minutes to make. ;)
This honey chicken dish is also pretty healthy as well. You can cut back on the honey to make it even more healthy. I love to use low sodium soy sauce too. So easy, yummy and one of my go-to healthy crockpot recipes.
Ingredients for honey chicken
The ingredients for this honey chicken recipe are so simple! I usually always have them on hand, which is why this is one of my favorite crockpot chicken recipes. Just throw them all in the crockpot and let it do all the work for you.
- Chicken breasts
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Onion powder
- Minced garlic
- Kosher salt
How to make slow cooker honey chicken
This slow cooker honey garlic chicken recipe really is so simple and requires less than 10 ingredients! Just follow the simple steps below to get started and scroll down for the printable honey chicken recipe and video tutorial.
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker.
- Combine remaining sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and stir.
- Pour sauce over chicken and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, until the chicken falls apart.
- Serve over cooked rice or quinoa and top with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
How to serve slow cooker honey chicken
We love to serve this crock pot honey garlic chicken over rice or quinoa, but it also tastes great in lettuce wraps or over a salad. To top it off, you can add sesame seeds and sliced green onions on top. Sometimes we like to make tacos or nachos with the leftover chicken. The possibilities are endless!
Slow Cooker Honey Chicken Recipe
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2-3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For serving: Cooked rice or quinoa, sliced green onions, sesame seeds
- Place chicken breasts in a crock pot. Combine soy sauce, honey, olive oil, onion powder, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir until combined. Pour sauce over chicken. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or until the chicken easily falls apart.
- Serve honey chicken over cooked rice or quinoa. Add extra sauce and top with green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Mmm… tasty! I hope this crock pot honey garlic chicken will become a family favorite in your home! It definitely is in ours. :) Enjoy!
So are you a slow cooker fan? What are some of your favorite healthy chicken crockpot recipes?