Chocolate Peppermint Cookies – a chewy, fudge-y cookie topped with peppermint candies. The perfect holiday cookie!
One of my all time favorite combos is chocolate and peppermint. They just go together. As much as I have loved all the pumpkin recipes, I’m excited to start posting more recipes for Christmas!
This cookie recipe is sure to satisfy your chocolate peppermint cravings. They are soft and chewy with the perfect amount of peppermint flavor. Definitely a crowd-pleaser for kids and adults!
I topped these cookies with peppermint M&M’s but you could definitely use any type of crushed peppermint candy. Andes mints would be amazing, too!
Recipe adapted from Bakerella
These cookies would be the perfect addition to any holiday plate or cookie exchange.
Looking for more chocolate peppermint recipes? You’ll love these too:
- Homemade peppermint OREO’s
- Chocolate peppermint pudding cookies
- Thin mint brownies
- Peppermint chocolate mini cakes
- Chocolate mint fudge
- Chocolate mint cake mix cookies
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup natural unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter slightly softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup white chocolate peppermint M&M’s plus more for topping
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips plus more for topping
- In a medium size bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined. Next slowly add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in M&M’s and chocolate chips and then chill dough for about 20 minutes.
- Once dough is chilled, pre-heat oven to 350°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.
- Roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheets. Press a few chocolate chips and M&M’s into the tops of the dough just before baking.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges are crisp and the center is still soft. Allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.