Fudgy M&M chocolate brownie cookies with extra chocolate chips and M&M’s in the batter- the perfect cookie for Valentine’s Day!
I have a fun Valentine’s Day dessert for you today. Crazy it’s already less than a month away. We don’t go crazy for Valentine’s with gifts, but I do like to make a special meal and dessert for my family. One of my husbands favorite desserts is brownies, so I thought I’d make a spin on his favorite dessert for Valentine’s Day and turn them into a cookie. They were so yummy! They are chewy like a brownie on the inside and crisp around the edges. I love the added chocolate flavor the M&M’s adds too. These are similar to my triple chocolate cookies but definitely have more of a brownie texture and aren’t quite as rich. My whole family loved them.
We love making cookies at our house on Sunday’s and these will definitely be going on our monthly rotation.
How to make brownie cookies
The best thing about these chocolate cookies is they come together so easy. You only need one bowl and no need to refrigerate them. The batter is SO good! I just couldn’t resist a bite.
For the batter you’ll just need a few basic ingredients such as flour, sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, butter and oil. Then of course you can’t forget the chocolate chips and m&m’s. These are all staples in our pantry. If you want a darker richer cookie you can always use a dark cocoa powder and dark chocolate chips. We used a unsweetened cocoa powder and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
I always love to add a few extra M&M’s on top of each cookie before baking (as you can see below). It adds extra color and makes them a little prettier when you place them on top.
Brownie cookie recipe
Fudgy M&M brownie cookies
- 1 cup salted butter melted
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup M&M's
- Preaheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and set aside. Place the chocolate chips in the freezer until ready to add. This will help cool the dough.
- In a large bowl stir together the butter, sugar and oil. Add the cocoa and vanilla and mix together. Then add in the egg and stir until combined. Next add the flour and baking powder and mix with a spoon until smooth. Fold in the chilled chocolate chips and the M&M's (save a few to add on top). Using a large cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and place onto the baking pan. Press a few M&M's on top of each cookie. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly crisp and the middles are still soft.
- Allow cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store in a covered container.
Hope you enjoy these brownie cookies!
For more cookie recipes, check out these below:
- Favorite chocolate chip M&M cookies
- Chocolate chip pudding cookies
- Brown butter chocolate chip cookies