This peppermint graham cracker toffee is SO easy to make and is sure to be your new favorite holiday treat. It’s made with only 5 ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes.
If there’s one thing I love to enjoy during the holidays, it’s toffee. It’s a weakness of mine and something I can never resist. This peppermint toffee bark is a favorite, as well as classic homemade toffee and Christmas crack. Yum!
This graham cracker toffee has five basic ingredients: graham crackers, butter, brown sugar, white chocolate and candy canes. The candy canes on top add the perfect peppermint crunch. If you’re feeling extra festive, you can even dye some of the chocolate red and drizzle it on top. :)
It is very similar to my saltine cracker toffee, but is made with graham crackers and white chocolate. I halved the recipe and I also cook it a minute longer to get it a little crunchier. If you’re a peppermint fan, you have to put this recipe on your baking list. I have already made 3 batches and plan to make more for friends and family as Christmas gets closer!
Only 5 ingredients!
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Graham crackers
- White chocolate melting wafers
- Candy canes
How to make graham cracker toffee
- Line pan with graham crackers. Cover a large half-sheet jelly roll pan with foil, then spray with nonstick spray. Line the pan with graham crackers until completely covered.
- Make the caramel. Melt butter and sugar in a medium pot over low/medium-low heat (continue stirring). Then bring to a boil over medium-heat for about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread caramel over crackers. When the mixture is bubbly with a golden amber color, remove from heat and pour over crackers. Then spread out evenly with a knife.
- Bake in oven. Place pan in oven and bake at 325°F for 7 to 9 minutes. Then remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Add toppings. Melt the chocolate melting wafers until smooth, then pour over caramel mixture and smooth with a spatula. Immediately sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top and then place in freezer for about 15 minutes to harden. Then break pieces off the foil and enjoy!
Once you break the toffee into pieces, make sure to store in an airtight container or bag. It will stay fresh for up to 1 week if stored properly.
Great for gifting!
This peppermint toffee would make a great gift for neighbors, teachers and friends! Simply place it in a treat box with some holiday tissue paper or wrap in cellophane with a cute ribbon and gift tag.
This treat would also make a yummy addition to Santa’s Christmas cookie plate ;) It adds the perfect festive touch!
More festive Christmas treats:
- Easy Peppermint Bark
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Peppermint Bark Popcorn
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
- Maple Peanut Brittle
Peppermint Graham Cracker Toffee Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 package graham crackers
- 1 cup white chocolate melting wafers
- 2 candy canes , crushed
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large half-sheet jelly roll pan with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray and then line the pan with graham crackers.
- Place the butter and sugar in a medium-sized pot over low/medium-low heat. Stir until the butter is melted. Once the butter has melted, bring to a boil over medium heat for 2 1/2 -3 minutes.
- Once it’s nice and bubbly and changed to more of a caramel color, remove pan from heat and pour evenly over crackers. Spread mixture with a knife, however it doesn’t have to be perfect. Try to move fast during this part so the toffee doesn’t harden.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool slightly. Melt the chocolate and then pour over the top with a spatula. Sprinkle candy canes on top and then place in the freezer for 15 minutes. If desired, drizzle red chocolate on top. Once chocolate has hardened, break pieces off the foil and place in a container. It will stay fresh for 1 week.