Chocolate strawberry dessert kabobs filled with strawberries, marshmallows, brownies and chocolate. So easy and perfect for entertaining!
Table of Contents
Chocolate Strawberry Kabobs
I have to say one of my all time favorite combos is chocolate and strawberries. These dessert skewers are one of my top ways to pair the two, as well as my chocolate covered strawberries and brownie strawberry trifle. Seriously delicious!
If you know me, I’m all about simple, EASY, yet delicious recipes! These dessert kabobs are just that! I first saw these at a baby shower a few months ago and I had to make them at home with my kiddos. They absolutely loved them and they were the perfect treat for them to help in kitchen.
It would be fun to have a whole station set up at a shower/party and let your guests make their own dessert kabobs. You could get creative and have different fruit and different kinds of treats to add like brownies, short cake, rice krispies, marshmallows and donut holes. The possibilities are endless! I’m drooling just thinking about a donut kabob. Must stop now!
What You Need
Strawberries: You’ll need 24 fresh strawberries, which is about 2 pints.
Marshmallows: Large marshmallows work best for this recipe.
Brownies: I bought mini brownie bites to make it easier, but you could always make your own in a mini muffin pan. You could also cut out mini circles like I did with these strawberry santas.
Skewers: I used 6-inch knotted bamboo cocktail skewers.
How to Make Dessert Kabobs
- Wash strawberries. Wash and dry the strawberries. Then slice the tops off.
- Assemble. Poke the strawberry, marshmallow and brownie bite through your skewer. Place on a plate or wax paper.
- Drizzle. Add a drizzle of warm fudge sauce or melted chocolate over each kabob.
Assembling in Advance
If you have plans on assembling these dessert kabobs in advance, I’d recommend waiting to add the strawberries and chocolate drizzle until the very end.
Once strawberries are cut, they can lose their juices rather quickly in the fridge (especially when touching other foods containing sugar). For a party, I’d recommend prepping the brownies and marshmallows ahead, and then cutting the strawberries and assembling the kabobs an hour or two before the party.
More Easy Party Desserts
You can stack them up high or across. We made some both ways, just for fun!
Chocolate Strawberry Dessert Kabobs
- 24 strawberries
- 12 large marshmallows
- 12 brownie bites , I bought them pre-made
- hot fudge sauce or melted chocolate, for drizzling
- mini skewers
- Wash and cut the tops off the strawberries. Place on a paper towel to dry.
- Place the strawberry, marshmallow and brownie bite through a skewer. Place on a plate or wax paper.
- Warm fudge sauce, or melt chocolate in the microwave. Then drizzle over the kabobs. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!