Brownie strawberry trifle made with layers of strawberries, chocolate pudding, cream and brownies. This trifle dessert has the perfect combination of flavors and tastes absolutely delicious. One of my favorite trifle recipes!
Two of my favorite desserts are brownies and chocolate dipped strawberries , so naturally I had to the combine them. :) With fresh strawberries in season, I can’t help but make all my desserts with strawberries. I made this brownie strawberry trifle for my friend’s baby shower and it was a big hit. With my closer friends that are having their second or third babies, we do more of a “sprinkle” where we go to dinner with a few friends and bring dessert and some gifts. It’s really fun and a great way to celebrate.
The best part is, this brownie trifle is fairly easy to make and you can make it a few hours ahead if you need to. It’s so pretty too! I think any dessert looks better in a trifle bowl. Such a fun and easy trifle dessert!
How to make this brownie trifle dessert
This trifle dessert really is so easy to make. You’ll start by baking a box of your favorite brownies and then allowing it to cool. I love using the ghiradelli box with chocolate chips in the bag. That is our families favorite. Once the brownies have cooled, you’ll cut into 1-inch squares (or bite sized squares).
Next you’ll layer the brownies, cream, strawberries and chocolate pudding. Then repeat until you reach the top of the bowl. I also melted some chocolate to dip the strawberries in and made chocolate curls with the leftover melted chocolate. I found this tutorial for making chocolate curls helpful. I’ve also found them pre-made in the sprinkles section at Hobby Lobby.
Ways to modify trifle recipes
- You can also make these brownie trifle desserts using fresh raspberries. I made this version in little jars and love how they turned out. These would be perfect for serving at a shower or get together with friends. I love that with the jar trifles, you get a bite of each layer when you go in for a spoonful. YUM!
- Not a big chocolate lover? Check out my easy strawberry shortcake trifle instead.
- If you’re not a huge fan of cream cheese, feel free to make your own whipped cream. Try my delicious homemade whipped cream recipe.
- Try mixing up the pudding flavor. Instead of chocolate, you could use white chocolate, vanilla, devil’s food, coconut cream and more.
Looking for more strawberry desserts? You’ll love these too:
- Strawberry shortcake trifle
- Strawberry cheesecake mousse
- Chocolate strawberry dessert kabobs
- Strawberry icebox cake
- 50+ summer berry desserts
Brownie Strawberry Trifle
- 1 box 20-ounce box brownie (I prefer Ghiradelli) + ingredients on box
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5.9 oz package instant chocolate pudding (+ingredients on box)
- 2 pounds strawberries
- For the first layer: Make the brownies according to the package in a half-sheet pan. If there aren’t chocolate chips in the batter add 1/2 cup. Bake just until a toothpick comes clean and then allow to cool completely. Cut into 1-inch bite sized squares.
- For the second layer: In a large bowl mix together the cream, cream cheese and sugar. Mix on medium speed until a peak forms (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- For the third layer: Slice strawberries into thin slices.
- For the forth layer: Make the chocolate pudding according to package.
- Once all your layers are ready begin layering into a trifle dish. Repeat until you reach the top of the dish. Top with chocolate curls and chocolate dipped strawberries if desired.