Brownie strawberry trifle made with layers of strawberries, chocolate pudding, cream and brownies. This trifle dessert has the perfect combination of flavors and tastes absolutely delicious!
Table of Contents
Ultimate Strawberry Brownie Trifle
The first time I tried a strawberry shortcake trifle, I instantly knew I needed to make a brownie version. I’m a huge chocolate lover, so it only made sense! Plus chocolate and strawberries are one of my favorite combinations. So this chocolate brownie trifle was destined to be delicious. :)
Two of my favorite desserts are brownies and chocolate dipped strawberries , so naturally I had to the combine them. :) With fresh strawberries in season, I can’t help but make all my desserts with strawberries. I made this brownie strawberry trifle for my friend’s baby shower and it was a big hit. With my closer friends that are having their second or third babies, we do more of a “sprinkle” where we go to dinner with a few friends and bring dessert and some gifts. It’s really fun and a great way to celebrate.
The best part is, this brownie trifle is fairly easy to make and you can make it a few hours ahead if you need to. It’s so pretty too! I think any dessert looks better in a trifle bowl. Such a fun and easy treat!
4 Delicious Layers
- Brownies: You’ll start by baking a box of your favorite brownies and then allowing them to cool. I love using the Ghiradelli box with chocolate chips in the bag. That is our family’s favorite. Once the brownies have cooled, you’ll cut into 1-inch squares (or bite sized squares).
- Cream: Next comes the cream layer. It’s so delicious and tastes similar to cheesecake. All you do is mix together the heavy cream, cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl on medium speed until stiff peaks form. This usually takes about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Strawberries: After the cream comes the fresh strawberries! You’ll need about 2 pounds. Slice them into thin slices.
- Chocolate pudding: Grab a box of your favorite chocolate pudding mix and make according to directions.
Assembling this Brownie Trifle Dessert
Layer the brownies, cream, strawberries and chocolate pudding in the trifle dish (I used a 4 qt dish). Then repeat until you reach the top of the bowl. I also melted some chocolate to make chocolate covered strawberries and also made chocolate curls with the leftover melted chocolate. I found this tutorial for making chocolate curls helpful. I’ve also found them pre-made in the sprinkles section at Hobby Lobby.
TIP: Feel free to make this dish a few hours in advance. Simply assemble, cover with plastic wrap and then store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- You can also use fresh raspberries to make this brownie trifle.
- If you don’t like cream cheese, feel free to make whipped cream and use that as the cream layer instead.
- You can always switch up the pudding flavor if preferred. Instead of chocolate, try using white chocolate, vanilla, devil’s food, coconut cream and more.
- Feel free to make homemade brownies instead of using a box mix. You could even use diced chocolate cake.
Mini Brownie Trifles
I made this version below in little jars and love how they turned out. These would be perfect for serving at a shower or get together with friends. I love that with the jar trifles, you get a bite of each layer when you go in for a spoonful. YUM!
Try These Other Strawberry Desserts
Brownie Strawberry Trifle
- 20 ounce box brownie mix (plus ingredients on box, I prefer Ghiradelli)
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 5.9 oz package instant chocolate pudding (plus ingredients on box)
- 2 pounds strawberries
- For the first layer: Make the brownies according to the package in a half-sheet pan. If there aren’t chocolate chips in the batter, add 1/2 cup. Bake just until a toothpick comes clean and then allow to cool completely. Cut into 1-inch bite sized squares.
- For the second layer: In a large bowl, mix together the cream, cream cheese and sugar. Mix on medium speed until a peak forms (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- For the third layer: Slice strawberries into thin slices.
- For the forth layer: Make the chocolate pudding according to the package directions.
- Assembling: Once all your layers are ready, begin layering into a trifle dish. Repeat until you reach the top of the dish. Top with chocolate curls and chocolate dipped strawberries if desired.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!