This watermelon smoothie is the perfect drink on a hot summer day! It’s cold, creamy, naturally sweet and super refreshing. It has the perfect amount of watermelon flavor.
Table of Contents
Creamy and Rich Watermelon Smoothie
One of our favorite things about summer is picking up a juicy watermelon. It’s one of the most hydrating fruits and something my whole family loves. I’ve shared tips on how to cut watermelon and there’s always bound to be some scraps. That’s what we love to use for the smoothies.
Smoothies are one of my favorite ways to incorporate fresh fruits into my day. I have one for breakfast almost every morning and even make extras for my kids. You may have never thought about adding watermelon to your smoothie, but trust me – it’s so refreshing and delicious. The watermelon pairs perfectly with strawberries and bananas and makes the smoothie taste just like summer.
How to Make a Watermelon Smoothie
For this watermelon smoothie recipe, you only need 5 simple ingredients, 5 minutes and a blender. It’s super easy to make and the perfect summer breakfast, afternoon snack or late night treat.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. I like to pour in the liquids first, then add in the fruit. I’ve found this helps it blend easier.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Add more milk to thin out the consistency or more ice to thicken it.
- Taste and add in another Tablespoon of honey if needed. Then pour into glasses and enjoy!
TIP: I love to cut small watermelon triangles to place on cold glasses. It adds a fun and decorative touch.
The Key to a Creamy Consistency
The best way to make your smoothie extra creamy is to use frozen fruit! Once you cut the watermelon, add a few slices in a zip top bag and store in the freezer. I also always have frozen bananas and strawberries in the freezer for smoothies too. Using frozen fruit creates the perfect texture and makes it extra thick and creamy. You will definitely notice a difference!
More Refreshing Smoothie Recipes
Watermelon Smoothie Recipe
- Combine the milk, watermelon, strawberries, banana and 1 Tablespoon honey in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and add more honey if needed. Add more milk if you need to thin it out, or ice if you'd like it thicker.
- Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!