Lemon Muddy Buddies – A fun twist on the original muddy buddies recipe that adds a touch of sweetness! Perfect Summer snack or dessert that will wow the crowd at any occasion!
Lemon Muddy Buddies Recipe
Muddy Buddies (also known as puppy chow) have been one of our top family favorites for many years. While we love the classic recipe (or the Reese’s recipe), this lemon puppy chow is such a fun version for Spring and Summer! The combination of flavors is so refreshing and has gotten rave reviews from all who have tried it. The lemon flavor isn’t too overpowering, but gives just the right amount of sweetness. This muddy buddy recipe will become a household hit in a matter of minutes!
These lemon muddy buddies are the perfect Summer snack or dessert for any occasion. Whether you’re brightening up your BBQ or munching during movie time, this fun lemon muddy buddy recipe is sure to wow any crowd! And because the lemon puppy chow is SO easy to make, you’ll find yourself making this sweet treat all Summer long!
How to Make Lemon Puppy Chow
These lemon muddy buddies are super simple and are basically foolproof! Follow the three easy steps below to make this yummy muddy buddy recipe!
- Place Chex cereal in large bowl. Then place powdered sugar, lemon zest & lemon powder in zip top bag. Shake to combine & set aside.
- Place chocolate in microwave safe bowl & heat for 1 min. at 50% power. Stir & then cook in 15 second increments until melted. Be careful not to overcook. This can also be done in a double broiler.
- Pour chocolate over the Chex & stir until evenly coated. Quickly pour Chex into the bag with the powdered sugar & shake until the Chex are coated.
Looking for more snacks or desserts? Check these out:
- Kids trail mix
- Cool watermelon dessert
- Frozen yogurt granola berry bites
- Lime cheesecake popsicles
- Sweet chex mix recipe
Lemon Muddy Buddies
- 7 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 lemon, zested (no juice needed)
- 3 packets True lemon powder
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate (I like to use melting wafers)
- Place the Chex cereal in a large bowl. Then place the powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon powder in a zip top bag. Shake to combine and then set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and then heat for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir and then cook in 15 second increments until melted. Be careful not to overcook. This can also be done in a double broiler.
- Pour the chocolate over the Chex and stir until evenly coated. Quickly pour the Chex into the bag with the powdered sugar and shake until the Chex are coated.