These lemon muddy buddies are a fun twist on the original muddy buddies recipe that adds a touch of sweetness! Perfect summer snack or dessert that will wow the crowd at any occasion!
Table of Contents
Lemon Chex Mix
These lemon muddy buddies are the perfect summer snack or dessert for any occasion. Whether you’re brightening up your BBQ or munching during movie time, this fun recipe is sure to wow any crowd! And because the lemon puppy chow is SO easy to make, you’ll find yourself making this sweet treat all summer long!
The combination of flavors are so refreshing and has gotten rave reviews from all who have tried it. The lemon flavor isn’t too overpowering, but gives just the right amount of sweetness. This easy snack is seriously delicious!
Only 5 ingredients!
Muddy buddies (also known as puppy chow) have been one of our top family favorites for many years. While we love the classic recipe (and the trail mix and Reese’s variations), this lemon puppy chow is such a fun version for spring and summer!
- Chex cereal
- Powdered sugar
- Lemon zest
- True lemon powder
- White chocolate
How to Make Lemon Puppy Chow
- Prepare. Pour Chex into a large bowl. Then add powdered sugar, lemon zest and powder in a zip top bag. Shake and set aside.
- Melt chocolate. Microwave the white chocolate in a bowl for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir and cook in 15 second increments until smooth.
- Mix. Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal and stir until coated. Then quickly pour the Chex into the bag with the powdered sugar and shake until the cereal is well covered.
To store the puppy chow, simply pour it in an airtight container or bag. It will keep at room temperature for up to one week. That is, if your family doesn’t eat it before then! ;)
More Lemon Recipes You will Love
Lemon Muddy Buddies
- 7 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 1 lemon , zested (no juice needed)
- 3 packets True lemon powder
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate (I like to use melting wafers)
- Place the Chex cereal in a large bowl. Then place the powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon powder in a zip top bag. Shake to combine and then set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and then heat for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir and then cook in 15 second increments until melted. Be careful not to overcook. This can also be done in a double broiler.
- Pour the chocolate over the Chex and stir until evenly coated. Quickly pour the Chex into the bag with the powdered sugar and shake until the Chex are coated.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!