A delicious lemon lasagna dessert filled with layers of crushed golden Oreo’s, cream cheese whipped topping, lemon pudding, cool whip and toasted coconut. Crunchy, creamy and light all at the same time!
If you know me, you know I love to make all the no-bake desserts in the summer time. They’re so refreshing and absolutely delicious. This lemon lasagna recipe is a top pick, as well as my strawberry icebox cake, Oreo ice cream cake, banana pudding and chocolate lasagna.
I made this lemon lasagna dessert several months ago and just realized I never shared it with you. And now that summer is officially here, it’s the perfect time to add this to your “desserts to make” list. It is just that good!
This lemon dessert starts with a golden Oreo crust and then is topped with a delicious cheesecake filling. We could could totally stop there and it would be delicious, but the tart lemon flavor is the perfect addition. Next, you’ll top it with lemon pudding and a whipped cream topping. My favorite part of the dessert is the toasted coconut on top. I could eat that stuff all on it’s own. Mmm… You could also do a lemon zest instead if you’d prefer.
Reasons to love this lemon dessert:
- No baking required! No need to fire up the oven on a hot summer day. Absolutely no baking is needed.
- Make-ahead: This dish is perfect for preparing ahead of time. It needs to chill for at least 3-4 hours, so feel free to make it the day before!
- Full of lemon flavor. Both lemon instant pudding and fresh lemon zest give this dessert lasagna the best lemon flavor.
- Cool and refreshing: Nothing beats a chilled dessert on a hot summer day. This dish is SO refreshing!
- Toasted Coconut: Because what’s not to love about toasted coconut?! It tops off the dish and adds the perfect touch!
How to make lemon lasagna
To get started, butter a 9×13″ dish and set aside.
Crush the Oreo’s. Add the golden Oreo’s to a zip top bag and crush them on the counter with a rolling pin. You could also use a food processor, but make sure to pulse just a few times. You want them to still be a bit chunky, not super fine.
Add the melted butter to the bag and mix until combined. Then press the Oreo mixture into the bottom of the dish and freeze for 5 minutes.
Make the whipped topping. In a medium-sized bowl, whip the cream cheese until fluffy. Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk and sugar and mix until combined. Then stir in 1 cup of cool whip.
Spread the mixture lightly with a spatula over the Oreo crust (photo above). Freeze for another 5 minutes.
Make the lemon pudding. In a separate bowl, combine the lemon pudding, lemon zest and milk. Whisk until thick, then spread over the top of the whipped topping layer (photo above). Place in the refrigerator for another 10 minutes to allow the pudding to set.
Remove from fridge and spread remaining cool whip on top of the lemon pudding layer. Then top with fresh toasted coconut or more lemon zest if desired.
- Feel free to sub golden Oreo’s with Lemon Oreo’s or even a graham cracker crust.
- Can top with toasted coconut or more fresh lemon zest. Even some extra crushed Oreo’s on top would be delicious. :)
- You can easily make this dessert the day before. Simply prepare and place in fridge until ready to serve.
- This recipe is so customizable! Swap out the type of cookies or pudding with your favorite flavors. We love to make different variations, like my chocolate lasagna or pumpkin lasagna.
More luscious lemon desserts:
Lemon Coconut Cream Dessert Lasagna
- 32 golden Oreo's
- 6 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 8 ounce package cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cold milk
- 12 ounce container Cool Whip , divided
- 3.9 ounce package lemon instant pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- Butter a 9×13" dish and set aside.
- Crush the Oreo's in a zip top bag with a rolling pin. Add melted butter into the bag and mix until combined. Press Oreo mixture into the bottom of the dish and place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip the cream cheese until fluffy. Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk and sugar. Mix until combined. Stir in 1 cup cool whip, then spread the mixture lightly over the Oreo crust. Place in the freezer for another 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the lemon pudding, lemon zest and cold milk. Whisk together until thick. Then spread over the top of the whipped topping layer. Place in the refrigerator for another 10 minutes to allow pudding to set.
- Once pudding has set, spread remaining cool whip on the lemon pudding layer and then top with toasted coconut. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours before serving.
- Can sub golden Oreo's with Lemon Oreo's or even a graham cracker crust.
- If you aren't a fan of coconut, feel free to top with fresh lemon zest or even some extra crushed Oreo's.
- You can easily make this lemon lasagna the day before. Simply prepare and place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Stove: Place coconut in a skillet and cook over medium-low heat until golden, stirring frequently (about 3-5 minutes).
- Oven: Line a baking sheet with foil. Spread coconut over the top and bake at 375°F for 4 minutes. Stir and then cook an additional 2