These Reese’s muddy buddies are a fun twist on the classic favorite with the addition of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Reese’s Pieces! Such an easy treat that is loved by kids and adults!
Reese’s Pieces Puppy Chow
Is there any better combination than chocolate and peanut butter? They were just meant to be together! These Reese’s Muddy Buddies are packed with chocolate and peanut butter flavor, and loaded with your favorite Reese’s candies. They are a fun twist on the classic muddy buddies and are incredibly addicting and delicious. And (best of all) they’re super easy and quick to make!
They’re made with just a few easy ingredients and so easy the kids can help too! Peanut butter is melted together with some chocolate chips, butter, and cream to make a silky smooth chocolate peanut butter coating that is poured over the cereal. Once the cereal is all coated, toss with powdered sugar and add your delicious Reese’s Pieces and peanut butter cup minis.
- Cereal: You can use a mix of half corn Chex and half chocolate Chex, or use all of one or the other depending on preference.
- Chocolate: Semi sweet chocolate chips are my favorite to use.
- Peanut butter: Creamy peanut butter works best in this recipe (like Jiff or Skippy). For an even more indulgent treat, you could also use Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread.
- Butter: Melted butter gets mixed with the chocolate chips and peanut butter to add another layer of richness.
- Powdered sugar: After the cereal is mixed with the chocolate and nut butter, it’s then coated with powdered sugar for the perfect hint of sweetness.
- Reese’s: A mixture of Reese’s Pieces and chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups takes this puppy chow to the next level!
While I could definitely eat the whole batch by myself, these muddy buddies are also perfect for sharing with a friend or taking to a party. Mine stayed fresh in an airtight container for over a week, and were super cute wrapped up in a cellophane bag with some matching ribbon for a friend’s birthday. Once you start making them, though, you won’t be able to stop!
I absolutely love not only how delicious these muddy buddies taste, but also how fun they are to look at! Don’t you just want to dive into this deliciousness?
More Easy Dessert Mixes:
Reese’s Muddy Buddies
- 2 cups corn Chex cereal
- 2 cups chocolate flavored Chex cereal , can sub for corn chex
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter , or Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread
- 2 Tablespoons butter , cut into pieces
- 1/2-1 cup powdered sugar , more if desired
- ⅓ cup Reese’s Pieces
- ½ cup Reese’s Minis , cut in half
- Add the cereal to a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for one minute. Stir until melted. Microwave an additional 15 seconds if needed. Alternatively you could cook over a double broiler.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss to coat.
- Pour the mixture into a gallon size bag (you may need to do this in two batches or use two bags). Add the powdered sugar to the bag and shake to coat.
- Add chopped Reese's and Reese's pieces in the bag and shake. Spread out on wax paper to cool.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!