Super soft chocolate and caramel milky way cookies that literally melt in your mouth. A chocolate caramel lovers dream.
Milky way cookies. WOWZA! Have you tried these? My mom makes these milky way cookies all the time and they are delicious!! She brought some over a few weeks ago and I had to snap a picture real fast before they all disappeared. I knew you’d want me to share them with you. ;) These cookies really are AMAZING!
How to make milky way cookies
- Make the cookie dough. You can use your favorite cookie dough, use a store bought version or the one in my recipe card below. The dough may be my favorite part about these cookies.
- Add the milky ways. You can either chop the milkways and mix them into the dough or leave them bigger and wrap the dough around them. Just depends if you want a big gooey center.
- Bake. Make sure to not over cook these, you want the centers to still be slightly soft and just golden brown on the bottoms.
Tip: Chill the dough for 30 minutes to an hour for a fluffier fuller cookie.
Once they’re baked they’re pure heaven though, so you have to try both! They are super soft with loads of milky ways! The chocolate caramel combination is my absolute favorite.
Milky Way Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 22.51 oz milky ways (about 25 minis; coarsely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugars with a mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips and chopped milky ways. Chill dough for 15-30 minutes.
- Scoop cookies onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack.