This peppermint brownie mix in a jar makes the perfect holiday gift! It’s easy, festive and tastes delicious once baked. Download the free printable tags for an extra special touch!
In my opinion, there’s nothing better than a holiday gift from the kitchen. It’s personal, thoughtful and a great way to celebrate the season. Some other favorites to gift are my cookie mix in a jar, Christmas crack toffee and peppermint bark.
This peppermint brownie mix in a jar is one of my favorite treats to gift. The jars look so pretty and festive! Plus the brownies taste amazing, too. They’re cakey and soft, with the perfect chocolate and peppermint flavor.
I especially like that these brownie gifts can be made ahead of time. It takes a little less pressure off such a busy season. Don’t forget to decorate them with festive bakers twine and the free printable tags (download below). Enjoy!
To assemble mason jar brownies
To make these brownies, start by layering the ingredients in the order below in a one quart wide mouth jar.
I’d recommend using a funnel when adding the ingredients for easier assembly. Also, make sure to press each layer down firmly with a spoon for easy packing.
Layer in this order:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint crunch baking chips , or chopped Andes mints or chopped candy canes
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Once you’re done layering, close the lid and add some festive baker’s twine and the printable tags (download below).
Printable tags for mason jar
I absolutely love to add these free printable labels on my mason jar brownies! Not only is there a cute “Peppermint Brownies” label tag to wrap around the top with twine, there’s also a circular label with instructions that you can add on top of the lid.
Simply download and print the labels on a sheet of label/sticker paper. At my local Office Max or Kinko’s, they call this 1-up sticker/label paper. It is one solid sheet.
More Christmas treats:
- Strawberry Santa Hat Brownie Bites
- Chocolate Mint Cookies with Cake Mix
- Christmas M&M Cookie Bars
- Rolo Pretzel Sandwiches
- Christmas Chocolate Dipped Oreos
Peppermint Brownies in a Jar Recipe
- Quart-Sized Wide mouth jar
Dry mix for jar:
Ingredients to add later:
- 1 cup butter , melted
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
To assemble the mason jar brownies:
- In a quart-sized wide mouth jar, layer the following: 1 cup sugar, 2/3 cup cocoa powder, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips (or chopped Andes mints or chopped candy canes), 1 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon baking powder. I'd recommend using a funnel to add the ingredients and then push each layer down with a spoon for easy packing. Make sure to really pack in each layer.
- Close the lid and tie the jar with ribbon and free printable tags.
To bake the brownies:
- When ready to bake, dump the contents into a bowl and then add the butter, eggs and vanilla. Mix just until combined. Pour into a 9x13" pan and bake at 350°F for 25-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean.