With St. Patty’s Day is just around the corner I thought I’d share one of my all time favorite desserts. TO DIE FOR thin mint brownies. These are a chocolate lovers favorite!
Seriously you gotta try these mint brownies. They’re perfect for a get together because you DO NOT want the whole pan sitting around. Trust me! These have girl scout thin mints (or mint OREOS) in the batter, a layer of mint frosting and topped with a chocolate ganache and andes mints! These are also the perfect treat to make for Chrsitmas. You could even do a red food coloring for the frosting and add crushed candy canes on top.
Don’t you just want to take a bite?! ;)
Thin mint girl scout cookies mixed in these mint brownies were the PERFECT addition! We also like to use thin mint OREOS! These little hands just couldn’t resist … and I can never resist the batter ;)
TO DIE for thin mint brownies
For the Brownies:
- 15.25 oz brownie mix (mix according to package directions)
- 15 thin mint cookies (chopped; or thin Oreos)
For the Mint Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 2 tbsp milk (or cream)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- couple of drops of green food coloring
For the Chocolate Frosting:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup andes mints (chopped)
- Make brownie mix according to package. Fold in thin mints and pour into a greased 9×9 pan. Bake according to package directions. Once your brownies are done let them cool for about an hour.
- In a medium sized bowl mix 1/4 cup butter, powdered sugar, evaporated milk, peppermint extract and green food coloring until fluffy. Spread mint frosting over brownies. Refrigerate 1 hour. For chocolate glaze, combine 1/4 cup butter, chocolate chips and melt for 1 minute in the microwave. Once chocolate chips are melted, stir in vanilla. Pour over green frosting and spread evenly by tipping pan. Sprinkle andes mints on top. Refrigerate for 1 hour before cutting.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love these: