Chocolate Dipped Oreo Snowflakes …adorable and easy treats the whole family can help make!
‘Tis the season to be making (and eating! oh my goodness, the eating!) treats to share with family and friends. The kids loved these Chocolate Dipped Oreo Snowflake cookies – not only did they love help making them, but as we were in the kitchen together, they talked about who they would like to gift some to.
These Chocolate Dipped Oreo Snowflakes are so easy to make!
It warms my heart to see the kids creating and talking about gifting to others. I love these glimpses into the kind, thoughtful people they are becoming. :)
Chocolate Dipped Oreo Snowflakes
For the snowflakes:
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 12 ounces milk chocolate candy melting wafers
- 1/2 cup white chocolate candy melting wafers
For the Christmas trees:
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 12 ounces white chocolate candy melting wafers
- 1/4 cup green candy melting wafers
- 1/4 cup red candy melting wafers
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate candy melting wafers
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment. Pour the melting wafers into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat for one minute at 50% power, then stir. Continue to heat at 30 second intervals at 50% power until melted, stirring well in between. Make sure there are no lumps in the chocolate and that it is smooth and easy to stir. Place the Oreo cookies, one by one, into the melted chocolate. Turn with a fork to coat completely in chocolate. When the entire cookie is covered with chocolate, lift it out using the fork. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl several times to let the excess chocolate drip off. Slide the Oreo cookie onto the prepared baking sheet and allow to cool completely. Repeat with remaining Oreos. Place the white chocolate melting wafers in a zipper bag or a disposable decorating bag. Heat for 30 seconds at 50% power, then knead the melting wafers to stir. Continue to heat at 30 second intervals at 50% power, until melted. Snip a small corner off the bag and pipe the white chocolate in snowflake shapes on top of the Oreos. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the Christmas trees, follow the same process, but using white chocolate melting wafers. When the white chocolate Oreos have cooled, melt the green melting wafers and pipe a Christmas tree shape. Decorate with dots of red melting wafers for ornaments and milk chocolate melting wafers for the stem.
Looking for more holiday themed sweets? You’ll love these, too!