You are going to want to put this Christmas crack toffee on your MUST MAKE list this year. It takes SWEET and SALTY to a whole new level and it only takes 5 ingredients and 15 minutes to make!
Table of Contents
Grandma’s Cracker Toffee
I’m super excited to start holiday baking and make some more of this delicious Christmas crack. It is one of my favorite Christmas desserts and it only takes about 15 minutes to make! While I do love a traditional homemade toffee, this crack candy is a lot easier to make.
I’m sure many of you that have awesome grandma’s have tried this Christmas crack recipe before. I shared my grandma’s saltine cracker toffee over the summer and this is just a glorified version with chocolate and m&m’s (or almonds) on top.
In my opinion, everything tastes better with chocolate and the M&M’s make it so festive. You could also top your candy crack with crushed saltines, sea salt, toasted coconut, slivered almonds, pecans or heath bits.
How to Make Christmas Crack
Beware…this candy crack toffee is seriously addicting! For step-by-step photos for making the toffee, make sure to check out this saltine cracker toffee recipe.
Find the full printable recipe below.
- Prepare: Line a pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Then spread the saltine crackers out evenly.
- Make the caramel: Boil the brown sugar and butter for 3 minutes.
- Bake: Pour evenly over crackers and bake for 8 minutes.
- Spread: Once it’s done cooking sprinkle chocolate chips on top and let melt. Spread out until smooth and top with m&m’s or nuts. Then try not to eat all in one sitting.
This Christmas crack candy is so versatile and can be modified so many different ways! Below are a few of my favorite ways to make it.
- Peppermint graham cracker: Graham crackers with white chocolate and crushed candy canes.
- Chocolate Ritz Christmas crack: Ritz crackers with chocolate and sliced almonds.
- White chocolate pretzel: Pretzels crisps with white chocolate and Rudolph candies or sprinkles.
- Graham cracker toffee: Graham crackers with chocolate and chopped almonds.
More Easy Holiday DessertsBrowse all
Christmas Crack Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of the pan evenly with saltine crackers.
- In a medium pot, combine the butter and sugar over medium-low heat. Stirring constantly, bring to a rolling boil and cook 3 minutes, or until bubbling and amber in color. Remove pan from heat and pour evenly over saltine crackers. Spread mixture with a knife–it doesn’t have to be perfect because it will spread as it bakes.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Once melted, spread evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle M&M’s (or nuts) over the top and place in the freezer 15 minutes, or until hardened.
- Let sit 15 minutes on the counter. Flip over onto a cutting board and remove the foil. Break into pieces.
- Use ritz or graham crackers as the base
- Use a white chocolate or drizzle white chocolate over the top of the chocolate
- Add chopped nuts
- Add sprinkles for holidays or color
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Happy Holiday (FREE download)
The Christmas crack would also be perfect to add to your holiday plates with your favorite Christmas cookies. So easy, festive and delicious! For an easy gift idea, place some of this candy crack in a jar and pass out to your neighbors and friends. I even have a free printable for you!
I printed mine out on sticker paper (found on Amazon) and then punched it out with a 2inch circle punch. You could also cut it in a square and put a hole punch in the top and tie it on with ribbon or twine. Enjoy!! :D