Turtle Chex Party Mix – This no-bake game day snack is ready in less than 15 minutes and has the best sweet and salty flavor. It’s loaded with Chex cereal, pretzels and almonds, then topped with a delicious chocolate-caramel drizzle. Take one bite and you will be hooked!
I have to admit, I’m not a huge fan of football, but I am a fan of game day treats! :) There are always so many yummy appetizers to dig into. While I love savory appetizers like buffalo chicken dip and BBQ meatballs, I’m also a sucker for anything sweet. This Turtle Chex Party Mix is the best game day sweet treat and will become a go-to recipe. It’s crunchy, sweet, salty and downright delicious!
Sponsored by Chex Cereal.
Caramel Chex Party Mix
If you’re on the hunt for the perfect game day snack, this Turtle Chex Party Mix is it! It’s an easy, no-bake treat that comes together in less than 15 minutes. Plus it’s full of sweet and salty flavors that will make your taste buds so happy!
This Chex Party Mix recipe starts with a base of Chocolate Chex Cereal, pretzels and almonds that are then coated in a delicious brown sugar mixture. It’s topped off with an amazing chocolate-caramel drizzle, making each bite of this Turtle Chex Party Mix pure heaven.
The Chex cereal adds the perfect crunch, while the pretzels and chocolate-caramel drizzle help to make the best sweet and salty combo. This caramel Chex Party Mix is seriously addicting and will be loved by all. I mean who can resist anything that’s crunchy, salty and sweet…not me!
Ingredients for Turtle Chex Party Mix
Below are the ingredients for the sweet and salty Chex Party Mix. You can even add in some marshmallows or chocolate chips, too!
- Chocolate Chex Cereal
- Pretzel sticks
- Brown sugar
- Light corn syrup
- Dark chocolate
- Caramels (or caramel sauce)
- Optional: White chocolate
How to Make Turtle Chex Party Mix
It doesn’t get easier than this Turtle Chex Party Mix recipe. It’s no-bake and takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish. My kind of recipe!
- In a large bowl, combine Chex cereal, pretzels and almonds.
- Add brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir, then microwave 1 more minute, until combined. Pour mixture over Chex and stir until coated.
- Pour Chex cereal onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread out evenly. Allow to cool.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top, then drizzle caramel over top. Let cool, then enjoy!
Football Almonds for Caramel Chex Party Mix
If you want to take this Turtle Chex Party Mix recipe up a notch, try making these adorable mini football almonds! I used melted white chocolate to draw the white lines on the almonds with a frosting bag. You could also mix together a little bit of powdered sugar and milk for a thicker glaze. I just stuck a few on top where they were visible. They are so easy to make and add the perfect festive touch for game day!
And since I already had out the melted chocolate, I went ahead and drizzled some on top of the Turtle Chex Party Mix, too. In my opinion, the more chocolate, the better. :) This is definitely optional, but I like the color contrast and flavor it adds!
Turtle Chex Party Mix Recipe
- 6 cups Chex cereal (Chocolate or Rice)
- 2 cups pretzel sticks , broken in half
- 3/4 cup almonds, cashews or pecans , more if desired
- 1/2 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate , melted
- 1/2 cups caramels , melted according to package directions
Optional: 1/2 cup white chocolate, melted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the Chex, pretzels and almonds in a large bowl.
- Place the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in a microwavable bowl. Microwave 1 minute, stir and then microwave 1 more minute or until combined. Then pour over the Chex and stir until coated.
- Pour the Chex cereal out onto the parchment paper and allow to cool. Drizzle melted chocolate over the top. Then drizzle the caramel over top and allow to cool.
The boys loved munching on this caramel Chex Party Mix during their football game! My little one was trying to sneak a bite. ;)
This post was brought to you by Chex cereal. To learn more about Chex cereal products and find lots of delicious recipes, visit www.chex.com.