Sweet and salty Christmas chex mix made with just 5 simple ingredients. This is the perfect no-bake dessert recipe to have in your back pocket during the busy holiday season!
Table of Contents
Easy Holiday Chex Mix
If you’re looking for a simple and totally delicious holiday dessert, this Christmas chex mix recipe is a great option! No need to heat up the oven or stove…it’s an easy no-bake recipe that only uses the microwave. For more easy holiday favorites, check out my rich microwave fudge or microwave caramels.
We love this sweet and salty white chocolate chex mix (also known as Christmas crack chex mix or Christmas white trash). When I need a last minute treat, I make this dessert or reindeer chow recipe, they are both so easy!
I always have everything on hand in the pantry and it can easily be done in less than 30 minutes with no baking required.
It also makes a great neighbor gift. Just place the dessert in a cute bag and tie with some baking twine. Nothing is better than gifts from the kitchen! And trust me, your neighbors will definitely be thanking you later for this treat. It is so delicious and seriously addicting!
5 Simple Ingredients
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Chex cereal: You can use rice chex or corn chex cereal, or a mixture of both if you’d like.
- Cheerios: These also add a nice crunch. Plain or honey nut both taste delicious.
- Pretzels: I like to use pretzels sticks, broken in half. They add a salty component to the snack mix. You can also use mini pretzel twists.
- M&M’s: Use the Christmas M&M’s to add a pop of color and some holiday cheer!
- White chocolate: Use high quality white chocolate for the best result (I love the Ghirardelli melting wafers).
- Use peanut or peanut butter M&M’s instead of regular, or even a mixture of both.
- Add in peanuts, pecans or walnuts for even more salty flavor.
- Mini pretzels will work in place of pretzel sticks.
- Mix in some holiday sprinkles to make it even more festive.
- Sometimes I add in some mini marshmallows if we have them in the pantry.
- Make this for any holiday with different color M&M’s. Whether it’s Halloween, 4th of July or you’re making Valentine Chex Mix, this recipe works perfect!
How to Make Christmas Chex Mix
- COMBINE the cereals, pretzels and M&M’s chocolate candies together in a large bowl. Mix cereal together.
- MELT the white chocolate chips or wafers in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in 30 second intervals in the microwave until smooth. Be careful not to overcook the chocolate or it will burn.
- POUR the chocolate over the cereal mixture and stir until well coated. Then spread the mixture out onto a piece of wax paper or parchment paper (I like to set on a cookie sheet).
- Cool. Let cool for about 15 minutes (or until the chocolate has hardened completely).
Frequently Asked Questions
Don’t add in any extra liquid and allow the chocolate to cool a minute before stirring in (don’t wait too long or it will harden).
Yes, this recipe freezes great! Make sure to place in a zip lock or covered container. Store in the freezer up to 3 months.
Storing + Freezing
Once the chocolate has hardened, break the mixture into pieces and store in an airtight container or zip top bag. It will keep on the counter for 1 week or in the freezer for 3 months.
More Chex Mix Recipes
Christmas Chex Mix
- 3 cups Chex (rice or corn)
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 1-2 cups pretzel sticks (broken in half)
- 1 cup Christmas M&M's
- 10 ounces white chocolate (I used Ghirardelli wafers)
- In a large bowl, combine the Chex, Cheerios, pretzels and M&M's. Stir until combined.
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and then melt in 30 second increments (stirring in between). Do not overcook or it will burn.
- Next pour the melted chocolate over the chex mix and stir until well coated. Then pour the chex onto a peice of wax or parchment paper and allow to set until hardened (at least 15 minutes).
- Store in a zip top bag or covered container. Store on the counter for 3 days or in the freezer for 3 months.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!