Stamped shortbread cookies -use this recipe to make cut out, pressed or stamped shortbread cookies. These cookies are so easy to make with only 4 ingredients, melt in your mouth, and turn out beautiful every time.
These shortbread cookies are the perfect cookie to make when you’re wanting to make cookies last minute. They are so easy to whip up and I bet you already have all the ingredients on hand. They are also a great recipe for the kids to help with. They taste delicious plain, but could be dressed up with frosting, glaze, drizzled chocolate, nuts or sprinkles.
Make sure to use only real butter and vanilla in these shortbread cookies to get the best flavor.
A little tip with using cookie stamps. Make sure to dip the stamp into flour BEFORE stamping (preferably after each stamp) to keep the dough from sticking.
My kids and I had such a fun afternoon baking these cookies. They loved using the stamps and ended up making these cookies all by themselves, with just a little bit of assistance. It sure was messy, but I have found that if I tell myself going into the kitchen with kids that it’s going to be a mess, I end up not freaking out about it. ;)
These cookies were enjoyed by all. Super yummy!
Stamped shortbread cookies
- 1 cup 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Cookie stamps
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. In a large bowl combine the butter, sugar and vanilla. Whip using an electric mixer, for one minute or until it is nice and fluffy. Slowly mix in the flour and stir just until combined and the dough is smooth.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, or 1.5 Tablespoons, scoop out the dough and roll into a ball. If using stamps, lightly flour the stamp. Then press down firmly on the dough ball with the stamp until the dough is about 1/4″ thick. Gently pull the stamp away. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms are slightly golden. You don’t want the tops or edges to brown. Let cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
After we were done, we packaged them up and gave them to a friend. These would be perfect for the holidays with Christmas stamps too.
You can download the free printable thank you tags HERE.
Looking for more cookie recipes? You’ll love these too: