This easy buffalo chicken dip recipe tastes incredibly delicious and is made with only 5 ingredients in the crock pot! Makes the perfect appetizer to bring to any cookout, holiday party or family gathering!
When it comes to crowd favorite appetizers, this recipe is always at the top of the list. It has the flavor of buffalo baked chicken wings, but in dip form. And if you know me, you know I love ALL the dips.
This easy buffalo chicken dip recipe is the best! It’s so simple, delicious and is always a huge hit. My favorite thing about it is that it’s made with only 5 ingredients in the crock pot, which makes it super simple to prepare.
I’ve made it so many times and it never disappoints. It’s definitely a favorite for cookouts, holiday parties, family gatherings and more. So simple and delicious!
5 Simple Ingredients
It takes only 5 simple ingredients to make this delicious dip. Check them out below (amounts included in printable recipe below).
- Hot sauce: Or buffalo sauce, more or less to taste
- Ranch dressing: Could also substitute blue cheese dressing
- Cream cheese: Two packages to make it extra creamy
- Cheese: Shredded mozzarella, monterey jack or cheddar
- Shredded chicken: I like to use rotisserie for convenience (canned chicken works also)
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Crock Pot
I love this dip because it is so easy to make in the crock pot or slow cooker. Just throw all of the ingredients in and let it do all the work!
- PLACE ingredients in the bottom of your crock pot.
- COOK on low for 1 hour, or until bubbly.
- ADD more cheese to the top before serving and broil for a few minutes if desired.
Mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl, then transfer to a baking dish. Sprinkle the top with more cheese, then bake at 400°F for about 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned and the cheese is bubbling. To brown the top a little more, feel free to broil for a minute or so at the end.
This dip tastes amazing with all types of veggies, crackers and chips. Below are a few of my favorites.
Storing + Reheating
How long is it good for? It will keep in the fridge for about 3-5 days if stored in an airtight container.
Reheating tips: Place in a microwave safe dish and microwave on high in 30 second increments. You can also reheat in the oven until warm as well. I’ll sometimes add some extra cheese if I’m reheating in the oven.
More easy appetizer recipes:
- Chicken enchilada dip
- Queso blanco
- Buffalo chicken meatballs
- Cream cheese & chili queso dip
- Crockpot spinach artichoke dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip
For serving: tortilla chips, celery and carrot sticks
- Combine the cream cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing chicken, in slow cooker and stir together.
- Cook on low for 1 hour or until bubbly. Before serving, you can add more cheese to the top and broil for a couple minutes, if desired.
- Turn slow cooker to warm. Serve hot with tortilla chips and/ or vegetables.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!