This easy buffalo chicken dip recipe tastes incredibly delicious & is made with only 5 ingredients! Makes the perfect appetizer to bring to any cookout, holiday party or family gathering!
We are a dip family and love any and all dips! Chips and dip is one of my all-time favorites…I could literally eat it every day! This buffalo chicken dip tastes amazing with chips & celery and is so easy to throw together. You really can’t mess it up!
This easy buffalo chicken dip recipe is the best! It’s so simple, delicious and is always a huge hit! My favorite thing about this recipe is that it’s made with only 5 ingredients in the crock pot, which makes it super simple to prepare.
I’ve made this easy recipe so many times and it never disappoints. It’s definitely a favorite for cookouts, holiday parties, family gathering and more. So simple and delicious!
What you’ll need:
It takes only 5 simple ingredients to make this delicious dip. Check them out below.
- Hot sauce or buffalo wing sauce, more or less to taste
- Ranch dressing (could also substitute blue cheese dressing)
- Cream cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (monterey jack or cheddar work well too)
- Shredded chicken (I like to use rotisserie)
How to make buffalo chicken dip in the crock pot
I love this buffalo chicken because it is so easy to make in the crockpot or slow cooker. Just throw all of the ingredients in and let it do all the work!
- Place ingredients in your crockpot.
- Cook on low for 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Before serving, you can add more cheese to the top and broil for a couple minutes if desired.
Can I make it in the oven?
Yes! Simply mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl, then transfer to a baking dish. Sprinkle the top with more cheese, then bake at 400° for about 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned and the cheese is bubbling.
To brown the top a little more, feel free to broil for a minute or so at the end.
This dip tastes amazing with all types of veggies, crackers and chips. Below are a few of my favorites.
- Tortilla chips
- Pita chips
What kind of cheese do you use? My favorite cheese to use in buffalo dip is mozzarella. I love the flavor it adds. Monterey jack or cheddar cheese will work too. You could even use pepper jack if you are a big fan of heat.
How long should the dip cook? If making the crockpot buffalo chicken dip, cook on low for about 1 hour, until bubbly. To make in the oven, cook at 400° for about 15 to 20 minutes, until dip is golden brown and bubbly.
How long is it good for? It will keep in the fridge for about 3-5 days if stored in an airtight container.
Can you reheat it in microwave? Absolutely. Place in a microwave safe dish and microwave on high in 30 second increments. You can also reheat in the oven until warm as well. I’ll sometimes add some extra cheese if I’m reheating in the oven. :)
Use leftovers to make taquitos!
If you have leftovers, you can make these easy buffalo chicken taquitos. I always make sure to double the recipe so that we have leftovers and can make them.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place 2 Tablespoons of the buffalo chicken mixture into a 6-inch tortilla and then roll up (can use wheat or gluten-free tortillas if preferred).
- Bake at 375ºF for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Tip: You can even freeze the taquitos for later if you’d like! Just roll them up and place them in a freezer bag for later. SO, SO good
More easy dip recipes:
- Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Queso Blanco
- 7-Layer Dip
- Cream Cheese & Chili Queso Dip
- Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 packages)
- 1/2 cup hot sauce or buffalo wing sauce (more to taste, less if you don't like spicy)
- 2/3 cup ranch dressing (could also substitute bleu cheese dressing)
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1.5-2 cups shredded chicken (can use rotisserie or canned)
- green onions for topping (optional)
For serving: tortilla chips, celery and carrot sticks
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and stir together.
- Cook on low for 1 hour or until bubbly. Before serving, you can add more cheese to the top and broil for a couple minutes, if desired.
- Slice green onions and top if desired. Serve with tortilla chips and/ or vegetables.