This easy Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe tastes incredibly delicious & is made with only 5 ingredients! Makes the perfect appetizer to bring to any cookout, holiday party or family gathering!
Chips and dip are my love language. Whenever my husband and I go out to dinner or host a party, we make sure to have chips and queso dip. We love making this buffalo chicken dip, chicken enchilada dip, queso blanco , queso with chorizo or a 7 layer dip. They are all so yummy!
Buffalo chicken dip crock pot
This easy buffalo chicken dip recipe is the best! It’s so simple, delicious and is always a huge hit! My favorite thing about this recipe is that it’s made with only 5 ingredients, which makes it super simple to prepare. I’ve made this easy buffalo chicken dip recipe so many times and it never disappoints. It’s definitely a favorite for cookouts, holiday parties, family gathering and more.
We are a dip family and love any and all dips! Chips and dip is one of my all-time favorites…I could literally eat it every day! This buffalo chicken dip tastes amazing with chips & celery and is so easy to throw together. You really can’t mess it up!
What are the ingredients for buffalo chicken dip?
It takes only 5 simple ingredients to make this easy buffalo chicken dip. Check them out below.
- Hot sauce or buffalo wing sauce, more or less to taste
- Ranch dressing (could also substitute blue cheese dressing)
- Cream cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (monterey jack or cheddar work well too)
- Shredded chicken (I like to use rotisserie)
How to make buffalo chicken dip in the crock pot
I love this buffalo chicken because it is so easy to make in the crockpot or slow cooker. Just throw all of the ingredients in and let it do all the work. Find the printable buffalo chicken dip recipe and video tutorial below.
- Place ingredients in your crockpot.
- Cook on low for 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Before serving, you can add more cheese to the top and broil for a couple minutes if desired.
How do you make buffalo chicken dip in the oven?
To make buffalo chicken dip in the oven, just mix together all of the buffalo chicken ingredients in a large bowl, then transfer to a baking dish. Sprinkle the top with more cheese, then bake at 400° for about 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned and the cheese is bubbling. To brown the top a little more, feel free to broil for a minute or so at the end.
What do you serve buffalo chicken dip with?
This buffalo chicken dip tastes amazing with all types of veggies, crackers and chips. Below are a few of my favorites.
- Tortilla chips
- Pita chips
Frequently asked questions for buffalo chicken dip recipe
What kind of cheese do you put in Buffalo chicken dip? My favorite cheese to use in buffalo dip is mozzarella. I love the flavor it adds. Monterey jack or cheddar cheese will work too. You could even use pepper jack if you are a big fan of heat.
How long should buffalo chicken dip cook? If making the crockpot buffalo chicken dip, cook on low for about 1 hour, until bubbly. To make in the oven, cook at 400° for about 15 to 20 minutes, until dip is golden brown and bubbly.
How long is buffalo chicken dip good for? The chicken dip with keep in the fridge for about 3-5 days if stored in an airtight container.
Can you reheat buffalo chicken dip in microwave? Absolutely. Place in a microwave safe dish and microwave on high in 30 second increments. You can also reheat in the oven until warm as well. I’ll sometimes add some extra cheese if I’m reheating in the oven. :)
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 packages)
- 1/2 cup hot sauce or buffalo wing sauce (more to taste, less if you don't like spicy)
- 2/3 cup ranch dressing (could also substitute blue cheese dressing)
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (monterey jack or cheddar work well too)
- 1.5-2 cups shredded chicken (can use rotisserie or canned)
- green onions for topping (optional)
For serving: tortilla chips, celery and carrot sticks
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and stir together.
- Cook on low for 1 hour or until bubbly. Before serving, you can add more cheese to the top and broil for a couple minutes if desired.
- Slice green onions and top if desired. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables.
How to make taquitos with buffalo chicken dip
If you have buffalo dip leftovers, you can make these easy taquitos. I always make sure to double the buffalo chicken dip recipe so that we have leftovers to make buffalo chicken taquitos. You can even freeze the taquitos for later if you’d like! Just roll them up and place them in a freezer bag for later. SO, SO good!
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place 2 Tablespoons of the buffalo chicken mixture into a 6-inch tortilla and then roll up (can use wheat or gluten-free tortillas if preferred).
- Bake at 375ºF for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.