This easy buffalo chicken dip recipe tastes incredibly delicious and is made with only 5 ingredients in the crock pot! Makes the perfect appetizer to bring to any cookout, holiday party or family gathering!
Table of Contents
When it comes to crowd favorite appetizers, this recipe is always at the top of the list. It has the flavor of buffalo baked chicken wings, but in dip form. And if you know me, you know I love ALL the dips including spinach and artichoke dip and queso dip with chorizo.
This easy buffalo chicken dip recipe is the best appetizer for your next super bowl party! It’s so simple, and delicious and is always a huge hit. My favorite thing about it is that it’s made with only 5 ingredients in the crock pot, which makes it super simple to prepare like these pigs in blanket appetizers.
I’ve made this buffalo dip recipe so many times and it never disappoints. It’s definitely a favorite for cookouts, holiday parties, and family gatherings, although this jalapeno dip is requested often, too. So simple and delicious!
5 Simple Ingredients
It takes only 5 simple ingredients to make this delicious buffalo chicken dip.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Hot sauce: I prefer Frank’s buffalo sauce. Add more or less to taste.
- Ranch dressing: Use store bought, homemade ranch dressing or you can also substitute blue cheese dressing
- Cream cheese: Two packages to make it extra creamy.
- Cheese: I love to use a mix of shredded mozzarella, monterey jack or cheddar cheese.
- Shredded chicken: I like to use rotisserie for convenience (canned chicken works also). You can also cook your chicken breasts to make shredded chicken.
This dip tastes amazing with all types of veggies, crackers and chips. Below are a few of my favorites.
- Celery sticks
- Sliced carrots
- Bell Peppers
- Tortilla chips
- Pita bread or naan slices
- Sliced french baguettes
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Crock Pot
I love this dip because it is so easy to make in the crock pot or slow cooker. Just throw all of the ingredients in and let it do all the work!
- Shred. Shred the chicken. You can use a rotisserie chicken or shredded chicken.
- Combine. Add all the cheese and franks hot sauce into the crockpot.
- Cook. Set to low and cook for 1 hour, or until bubbly.
- Add. Sprinkle more cheese to the top before serving and broil for a few minutes if desired. Feel free to add sliced green onions on top.
Baked: If you want to bake in the oven, try this baked buffalo chicken dip.
Instant Pot: If you’re not a fan of the oven or slow cooker, try making this easy Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip that’s equally just as delicious!
Leftovers: If you have leftover chicken, add it to a buffalo chicken pizza or buffalo chicken sweet potato.
Frequently Asked Questions
This dip is made with with juicy shredded chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, hot sauce and cheese.
Fresh vegetables (like carrots, celery and peppers), tortilla chips, baguette slices and any type of cracker.
It could be if you made a substitute to the recipe, such as using low-fat cream cheese for greek yogurt. If you add too much hot sauce it could become runny as well.
You can try draining off some of the extra juice and adding in more cream cheese. Allow it to simmer until it reaches your desired thickness.
Storing + Reheating
How long is it good for? It will keep in the fridge for about 3-5 days if stored in an airtight container.
Reheating tips: Place in a microwave safe dish and microwave on high in 30 second increments. You can also reheat in the oven until warm as well. I’ll sometimes add some extra cheese if I’m reheating in the oven.
If you love this flavor, don’t miss my Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken, Buffalo Chicken Sliders, Buffalo Chicken Wraps and my Buffalo Chicken Salad.
More Easy Appetizer RecipesBrowse all
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 16 ounces cream cheese , 2 bricks
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce , more to taste (less if you don't like spicy)
- ⅔ cup ranch dressing , could also substitute bleu cheese dressing
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1.5-2 cups shredded chicken , can use rotisserie or canned
For serving: tortilla chips, celery and carrot sticks
- Combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing chicken, in slow cooker and stir together.
- Cook on low for 1 hour or until bubbly. Before serving, you can add more cheese to the top and broil for a couple minutes, if desired.
- Turn slow cooker to warm. Serve hot with tortilla chips and/ or vegetables.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
One of the best buffalo dips I’ve tried! It is so easy to make and flavorful. So satisfying!
This is always the first dip gone at our parties! Always a hit, thank you for this recipe!
Agreed! Always the first to go!
I love this! It’s so easy to make and my family loves it! Highly recommended!
so so good!! made it for a small gathering in a crock pot and it was a huge hit!
I’m so glad to hear it was a hit! :)
If using chicken in the can how many cans with you need
It depends on the size of the cans. 1.5-2 cups
Delicious and easy!
This has become my new go to! Everyone always ask me for the recipe! So good!
My daughter and her boyfriend love buffalo chicken dip! I’ll have to share this recipe with them. They are going to love it! Can’t wait!