Smoky and slightly caramelized roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon are crispy, salty and sweet with a honey and balsamic drizzle. Made with only 5 ingredients these sprouts are easy, delicious and the perfect side for holidays or a weeknight dinner!
Why I Love This Recipe
- Perfect combination: Brussel sprouts and bacon pair so well together from the tender sprouts to the savory, crisp bacon. It’s the perfect contrast of tastes and textures.
- Easy side dish: Serve bacon Brussel sprouts alongside your oven roasted turkey at Thanksgiving or as a side for a weeknight dinner, it’s perfect either way and ready in under an hour.
- Family favorite: Even sprouts skeptics have been known to turn into Brussels sprouts lovers after one bite of this recipe, furthering proving that everything is better with bacon!
- Simple ingredients: You only need 5 ingredients to make this Brussel sprouts and bacon recipe plus it’s gluten-free and low carb!
How to Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Place halved Brussel sprouts flat side down on parchment lined baking sheet. Dice bacon and evenly distribute around the sprouts ensuring everything is in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Roast at 425°F for 20 minutes, or until the sprouts have started to caramelize. Remove sheet pan from the oven and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and honey. Toss to combine and then bake an additional 5-10 minutes until the bacon Brussels sprouts are browned.
Remove from the oven, place in a large bowl and enjoy with all your favorite main dishes and sides.
- Honey mustard: Combine 2 Tablespoons honey with 2 Tablespoons of dijon mustard.
- Maple syrup: Can be used instead of honey if preferred.
- Garlic: Add 2-4 cloves garlic that is minced, crushed or finely chopped.
- Balsamic glaze: Instead of a balsamic drizzle make a balsamic reduction to coat the Brussels sprouts instead.
- Instead of bacon: As a substitute for bacon try prosciutto, pancetta, turkey bacon or any variety of bacon your prefer.
- Cast iron skillet: Make these easy Brussels sprouts and bacon in a skillet. Pan fry the bacon first, remove it then add Brussels and cook covered 5 minutes before adding the bacon back to the pan. There is no need to add oil as the bacon grease will be enough!
Store Brussels sprouts and bacon in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave, air fryer or oven until warm.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
Optional: 1/4 cup chopped pecans and/or dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the brussel sprouts flat side down on pan. Then drizzle the olive oil over top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the diced bacon evenly around the sprouts, making sure everything is in a single layer so it will evenly cook. Sprinkle on chopped pecans if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the brussels sprouts have started to caramelize. Remove pan from oven drizzle the balsamic vinegar and honey over the top. You can add dried cranberries at this point if desired. Toss until combined and then bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until the tops are crisp.
- Remove from oven and stir together and place in a serving bowl. Serve while hot.
- For even crispier Brussels sprouts, try cutting them into quarters instead of halves.
- You can also precook and crumble the bacon and add at the very end to keep it nice and crispy.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!